Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nxylas

AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Barrington Boots

Harry Belafonte, aged 96.

As a boy, he was simply the voice of Christmas in my parents house on a crackly old vinyl. As an adult I realised what a great force he was as an activist. I'm a heavy metal guy and people are always surprised to find Belafonte records in my collection. I'll be spinning some tonight!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Robin Low

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 25 April, 2023, 03:23:51 PMHarry Belafonte, aged 96.

As a boy, he was simply the voice of Christmas in my parents house on a crackly old vinyl. As an adult I realised what a great force he was as an activist. I'm a heavy metal guy and people are always surprised to find Belafonte records in my collection. I'll be spinning some tonight!

Island in The Sun was one of the songs we played at my Dad's funeral around this time last year.

Regards,
Robin

JayzusB.Christ

That was a sad one alright- while he didn't write the Banana Boat Song, I'm guessing it's because of him everyone knows it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

Actor Ron Faber aged 90 best known for his small role of Chuck in The Exorcist.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/ron-faber-dead-the-exorcist-actor-obituary-1235338703/

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

The Legendary Shark

Zippy
2006-2023
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Batman's Superior Cousin

My deepest condolences, Legendary Shark. :'(
Texts from Last Night

broodblik

Always sad when you lose your "best" friend, Sharky. You have my condolences
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, chaps.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Aw no.  Really sorry for your loss, Sharky.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Sorry to read about the loss of your furry friend, Sharky. Take care, mate.

Hawkmumbler

Ah now, i'm sorry Shark. :(

The Legendary Shark

He's had a good, long life and it was time for him to go - but, as all animal lovers know, it still hurts. Your messages help a lot, so thank you everyone.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]