Main Menu

Tour of Duty and connected yarns

Started by Mikey, 21 September, 2012, 02:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

After seeing the art of Dredd book,the lush flick and me blathering about how good TOD was, Mrs Mikey wants to read it, so I'm going to buy the collected tpb for her.

She used to read the prog so knows the crack with Dredd, but I wanted to add the ancilliary stories too to properly introduce the characters so want to get the full list. Here's what I remember;

Origins.

The Streets of Dan Francisco.

The talented Mayor Ambrose (?)

The Backlash.

TOD.

Anything else for the full picture? She also expressed an interest in the Apocalypse War and Cal :-D

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mikey on 21 September, 2012, 02:15:12 PM
She used to read the prog so knows the crack with Dredd, but I wanted to add the ancilliary stories too to properly introduce the characters so want to get the full list. Here's what I remember;

The Streets of Dan Francisco.

The talented Mayor Ambrose (?)

The Backlash.

TOD.

All of those are collected in the Tour of Duty tpbs. There's also the introduction of Beeny in the America tpb to consider, given her importance in TOD and DOC.
@jamesfeistdraws

radiator

I would say The Gingerbread Man is kind of essential - it's in the Henry Flint Collection. You may have to explain who PJ is, otherwise it might be worthwhile to track down a copy of The Complete PJ Maybe - especially for Six and Monsterous Machinations of...

Origins.

Cadet, which is in the most recent edition of America, may be worthwhile as it introduces Beeny as Jimbo says.

Aside from that, all relevant stories are collected in the two Tour of Duty trades. Book one, The Backlash collects all the lead in stories, ToD proper doesn't start until the first part of book two Mega-City Justice.

Mikey

Ah,The Gingerbread Man,forgot that one. She's read America but Cadet is another good call. Cheers fellas.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.