Main Menu

Deadworld Trade?

Started by Taryn Tailz, 07 April, 2016, 02:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

For various reasons (space, financial, personal upheavals) it's been a few years since I bought 2000AD regularly. I'm still a big fan of course, dipping into the meg every now and then, and still buying trades, but regular proggage has been absent for the last few years. One thing I'm really sad at having missed are the recent Deadworld strips (Dreams..., Tainted), which look almost tailor made for my tastes. Is it likely that these strips may get bundled together into a trade? If so I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Darren Stephens

I really hope so, too! I asked Dave Kendall this on Facebook a couple of days back. Unfortunately, he said  that he hadn't heard anything regarding a trade book. I think it'd be a real shame. It's gorgeous stuff!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Dark Jimbo

They'd need a lot more material first!

It's probably not unlikely but I would think you're looking at it being a few years away yet. Other new-ish strips like Aquila and Jaegir have only recently got their first trades, and they've been running for a while now!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dandontdare

the first deadworld series was only four episodes so you could pick up back copies of the progs from the 2000ad shop - it really was fantastic. I don't usually buy trades of stuff I've already got in comic form, but when this does eventually appear I'll probably get it.

judda fett

Can't wait for a nice collected trade of this including all of Dave Kendall's designs, covers and original post nightmare knock ups!

Taryn Tailz

Do we know how many episodes 'Tainted' will be running for?

Darren Stephens

Nine parts, with the final episode being extra length!  :)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 07 April, 2016, 09:53:09 PM
Nine parts, with the final episode being extra length!  :)

Would that not make enough pages to just about warrant a trade collection then, if 'Dreams of Deadworld' were included as well?

A 4-parter + A 9-parter(effectively ten with the extra length episode) should surely be enough for a trade? I'm sure we've had trades out of less.

IndigoPrime

96pp is Rebellion's skinny trade. 14 parts, assuming six pages each, is 84. So it's not far off. Bung in some covers and design sketches and it's viable from a content standpoint at least.

jacob g

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 07 April, 2016, 11:54:39 PM
96pp is Rebellion's skinny trade

Like Dredd: Dead Zone, it's exactly 96 pages.
margaritas ante porcos

IndigoPrime

There have been thinner ones, too, such as the super-skinny 64pp Hewligan's Haircut, but I'd hope Rebellion would not go down that route too often. The thing almost disappears on my shelf.