Main Menu

Thrills Over Time

Started by Funt Solo, 09 January, 2021, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew_J

These visualisations are brilliantly mad.
Did you do any work today, Funt?  :lol:

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: AlexF on 11 January, 2021, 10:57:52 AM
Loving these graphs!
How about combining Caballistics, Absalom and Diaboliks? (and I suppose you could throw Necronauts in which is thematically similar if entirely unconnected plotwise).

Ka-ching!

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: I, Cosh on 10 January, 2021, 11:03:16 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 January, 2021, 10:56:08 PM
I issue a challenge: all the Edgiverse strips on one graph/chart, page totals cumulative.
Ha! And you have to visualise it as a pie/donut chart with the segments corresponding to the doors in the Temple of Mithras.

*ahem*

And a bit less demonically:

*First person to mention Scarlet Traces gets sacrificed to Horus!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

Gosh, for a popular and super recognisable character, there hasn't been much Venus Bluegenes!
I suppose she falls into the Hershey trap - why are we telling this story about Venus/Hershey, rather than Rogue/Dredd?

Funt Solo

Like Durham Red, she often turns up as a supporting act, although obviously Durham has had quite an extensive solo career.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

I, Cosh

Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 January, 2021, 12:07:30 AM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 10 January, 2021, 10:50:56 PM
I was cataloguing the Complete Future Shocks books for Barney the other week and something quite fascinating happens around Prog 200 if you fancy tackling that.
I'm a little embarrassed, but I actually just had this data lying around (as Future Shocks against anthology totals*):
Brilliant! I always think of the first ten years as being full of Future Shocks. I guess you're including annuals and specials so it's not immediately apparent but there's a gap of about a year and a half (Prog 135 - 203) where there aren't any. There's hardly any in 1983 either but that's because they're replaced by Time Twisters for the most part.

Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 January, 2021, 07:57:18 PM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 10 January, 2021, 11:03:16 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 10 January, 2021, 10:56:08 PM
I issue a challenge: all the Edgiverse strips on one graph/chart, page totals cumulative.
Ha! And you have to visualise it as a pie/donut chart with the segments corresponding to the doors in the Temple of Mithras.
*ahem*

*First person to mention Scarlet Traces gets sacrificed to Horus!
Wonderful stuff. That big gap between Helium & Stickleback is especially interesting but, you know, there are actual Martians in Red Seas, so...

Obviously I take no pleasure in nitpicking over tiny details but surely your Rogue Trooper overview isn't missing the Bland & Brass strip from the Villains Special?
We never really die.

Funt Solo

Quote from: I, Cosh on 13 January, 2021, 11:42:36 AM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 January, 2021, 12:07:30 AM
Quote from: I, Cosh on 10 January, 2021, 10:50:56 PM
I was cataloguing the Complete Future Shocks books for Barney the other week and something quite fascinating happens around Prog 200 if you fancy tackling that.
I'm a little embarrassed, but I actually just had this data lying around (as Future Shocks against anthology totals*):
Brilliant! I always think of the first ten years as being full of Future Shocks. I guess you're including annuals and specials so it's not immediately apparent but there's a gap of about a year and a half (Prog 135 - 203) where there aren't any. There's hardly any in 1983 either but that's because they're replaced by Time Twisters for the most part.

Ah, yeah - 1980 has no Future Shocks in the prog, as you say - I counted two in the '81 annual and 1 in the Sci-Fi Special. (The one-offs from that year in the table are also in specials.)

The reason for this was a combination of Ro-Jaws' Robo-Tales (19 episodes in 1980) and quite a lot of Tharg stories (9 episodes).

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Quote from: I, Cosh on 13 January, 2021, 11:42:36 AM
Obviously I take no pleasure in nitpicking over tiny details but surely your Rogue Trooper overview isn't missing the Bland & Brass strip from the Villains Special?

Ah - I get to be smug - I counted that as part of the Rogue Trooper bundle - it's in the table as part of the 2019 double-blip that also includes "Secret of the Keep" from the Regened 2130.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 January, 2021, 07:57:18 PM

Golly those are frabtious!  But wot, no Stone Island?  ;)

To what extent is that long gap filled with Ian's other linked universe, Brass Sun/Kingmaker, and on that basis how likely is it that those stories will eventually slot into the Brotherhood of the Book scheme?

Funt Solo

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 January, 2021, 04:49:14 PM
Golly those are frabtious!  But wot, no Stone Island?  ;)

To what extent is that long gap filled with Ian's other linked universe, Brass Sun/Kingmaker, and on that basis how likely is it that those stories will eventually slot into the Brotherhood of the Book scheme?

Feels like I should give the Edgiverse a re-read. Brass Sun and Kingmaker are linked? And Stone Island directly links in to the Seas / Leviathan / Stickle-thing?

Maybe I should just do a Everything-By-Edginton table.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Okay - so here are the Durham Red solo series - which don't include things like Bitch, any other SD tale that she's a supporting character in, or any of the Strontium Dogs stuff. I just don't have good notes for when she guest stars in the other things.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

These continue to be absolutely magnificent. I'm particularly surprised how much solo Durham Red there is. I probably shouldn't be but it strike me as much more than I think.