Main Menu

Prog 2217 In a Crime-Ridden City... ...He is the Law!

Started by McNulty, 01 February, 2021, 02:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 09 February, 2021, 09:17:02 AM
Cybernetic replacement with mean-machine style dial

"On one, nothin' happenin' down there. Two, I'm a bit frisky, three, I'm positively horny... on four, I'm downright rampant."
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

norton canes

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 09 February, 2021, 09:56:43 AM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 09 February, 2021, 09:17:02 AM
Cybernetic replacement with mean-machine style dial

"On one, nothin' happenin' down there. Two, I'm a bit frisky, three, I'm positively horny... on four, I'm downright rampant."

Coincidentally I overheard my wife complaining that she was "stuck with a four-and-a-half", which I can now take as a compliment.

norton canes

I've just noticed that on Dan Cornwell's cover, Dredd is sporting an older-style or 'Ezquerra variant' Lawgiver, but in the story it's a regular mk.II. Wonder why that was?

Barrington Boots

Quote from: norton canes on 09 February, 2021, 02:33:35 PM
I've just noticed that on Dan Cornwell's cover, Dredd is sporting an older-style or 'Ezquerra variant' Lawgiver, but in the story it's a regular mk.II. Wonder why that was?

From what Dan said on on the cover, he drew it and then sent it to Tharg so see if he wanted it rather than it was comissioned for this story. I guess he just thought it looked cooler* than the MKII

* it does
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Mikey

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 08 February, 2021, 08:42:00 PM
I had to parse that picture of Dredd's groin for ages before I figured out it was a drone carrying a Hottie passing in front of his knob and not an actual attachment. Cute story though.

Same here - but maybe the 'secret's safe' comment suggests it is an attachment!

Have to say this prog finally hit the full mark for me after a longish run of (for me) hit and miss filled issues.

The Dredd was indeed awesome and like others have said it was nice to see a Megger focused story for a change.

I'll not go over everything as this is a necro post, but something that struck me was the absence of the fada in the lettering of Sláine - have I a false memory of it usually being present before this series? Yes, I know Pat says it's pronounced slain but it just looks odd on the page without the accent.

And regarding Hershey - yes, I was a bit disappointed she wasn't actually dead (likewise Frank) as that scene brought a lump to my throat, but am enjoying the story and the limited but deliberate use of colour. However, I feel it might have worked just as well with another character, even a hitherto unknown, apart from Hershey really.

Still really great to see her as a character developed beyond the Chief Judge office mind.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.