Main Menu

Prog 2224 - Gangbusters!

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 March, 2021, 02:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: broodblik on 25 March, 2021, 04:23:42 AM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 March, 2021, 10:45:40 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 24 March, 2021, 07:05:22 PM
Here is an interview with Dan Abnett and Richard Elson on the return of Feral & Foe. You might have missed it in the news section since for  a strange reason it was released on the 19th February

I think the date on that must be wrong — maybe it should say March 19th, because I definitely hadn't lettered those pages from Bk2 that are shown in the interview on Feb 19th...

I see it has been fixed

I will let the web droids know
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Sooo goood. Some people droids were just born constructed to draw Dredd.

norton canes

'Who Killed Captain Cookies?': An excellent way to wrap the story. There was speculation that Chimpsky's conflict with Dredd might come to a head here, paving the way for a spin-off series where the simian hero continues his crusade against crime unhindered. Instead, it looks like his solo outing might be a further chronicle of his run-ins with Mega City One's most troublesome lawman. If that's the case, then this concluding instalment provides an ideal segue. Because Dredd knows now, I'm sure of it. That throwaway line about the 'big monkey monster' did it. He knows.

Thistlebone: For all the magnificent artwork and a plot with more twists that a gnarled oak root, four episodes in this isn't quite hitting the spot. It's definitely throwing all the right ingredients into the cauldron but the result isn't quite as spellbinding as it could be. It perhaps needs... I don't know, more weird, and less investigative journalism. It's certainly not coming up short for wont of effort though.

Nakka: Yeah, it's been a fluffy little confection, and perfectly weighted at three instalments. Would be more than happy for it to return in tripartite form again some time.

Feral & Foe: Crikey! I feel like some kind of lewd gibe is in order here, but nothing springs to mind. I was waiting for the return of this with bated breath, and it doesn't disappoint. I presume the final five pages were intended as the second instalment, so it's nice to see them come early. The malchemical body swap's a real masterstroke, but the disclosure of what Bode gets up to with Priya's private parts is a bit near the knuckle! Full marks to for the excellent rendition of Gyre on the final page - it has shades of classic Belardinelli and provides a fantastic climax.

Probably best to stop now.

zombemybabynow

What an amazing cover 👍⭐️👍⭐️
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

sintec

Absolutely stunning cover - and the contents really don't let down.

More great endings as Chimpsky and Nakka wrap up. Thistlebone keeps building up - bit of a slow episode this time but I suspect the horror is coming. And Feral and Foe brings us all back up to speed with the events of the last series and then throws a curve ball with the body swap of the main protagonists. Tharg is really firing on all cylinders at the moment.

broodblik

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2224 :)

First of all what a cover by John McCrea and colours by Enrica Angiolini. The action really jumps off the cover well done 👍🏼 A strong contender for cover of the year along with 2215.

All stories were fine so one unlucky thrill will miss out.

1st - Feral and Foe - great to have this thrill back and the 'open mic night' was a great way to get us back up to speed with what happened last time out. Great storytelling DAbnett and co
2nd - Thistlebone - tension is building and love the different art style for flashbacks as well as the lettering styles
3rd - Dredd - not as strong as the previous Chimpsky series but still a good finish to this one. Especially the quotes on the last page

3riller - Nakka of the S.T.A.R.S - did nothing wrong and as per last week would like to see this more regularly in the GG