Main Menu

America vs Machine Law - Dredd Epics Ranked - Better! H2H Rd 7

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 April, 2021, 06:55:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milstar

Ah...I would go with Machine Law.

I don't find America a Judge Dredd story and I find better stories where Dredd acts like a baddie. Although Colin MacNeil artwork is a work of genius.
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

DrJomster

Machine Law was indeed very good, but it's a tough draw going up against a classic like America. So America wins it for me. Just too iconic.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Tomwe

Mikey

Yep, throwing my helmet in for America. Machine Law would hold its own against many others, but America is something special.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Funt Solo

America

Pump up the JAM.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

America.

Read by itself, collected with the other two America sequels, or as part of the larger Democracy story line, America is brilliant.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

While Simon and Garfunkel is also an acceptable answer this is the best

America

sintec

Can't beat a bit the KLF. And as it seems to be on trend I shall also deliver my vote via YouTube link AMERICA

GoGilesGo

Interesting match up.

Both stories written by John Wagner, both drawn (mostly) by Colin MacNeil. Both are deeply political, confront important ethical issues, and both ask the question 'Are the judges worthy of their authority?'.

From the votes so far, and both Colin and Alex's lists, I know I am in a distinct minority (waves at milstar) but I have never understood the outpouring of love for America. To me the story is slight, not that engaging and the ending is painted way too broad.

Machine Law on the other hand is articulate, consequential and very moving.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

Closing tomorrow - so if you have anymore votes, or indeed songs called America get them in today and I'll count up in the morning.

milstar

Quote from: gogilesgo on 02 April, 2021, 12:02:22 PM
Interesting match up.

Both stories written by John Wagner, both drawn (mostly) by Colin MacNeil. Both are deeply political, confront important ethical issues, and both ask the question 'Are the judges worthy of their authority?'.

From the votes so far, and both Colin and Alex's lists, I know I am in a distinct minority (waves at milstar) but I have never understood the outpouring of love for America. To me the story is slight, not that engaging and the ending is painted way too broad.

Glad to find think-alike :)
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

I, Cosh

Not epics so I'll vote for the one which is an actual Judge Dredd strip. Machine Law.
We never really die.