Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Kingdom vs. Proteus Vex Round 3 Heat 20

Started by Colin YNWA, 24 May, 2022, 06:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

For all those Proteus Vex fans:

Michael Carroll
Here we go again...! :)

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

norton canes

Proteus Vex is on an upward trajectory (and was pretty damn good to start with!) but Kingdom was out of the traps like a whippet (did we ever see an Aux whippet?) and never let up.

Kingdom

Rogue Judge

Kingdom. Definitely in my top 5 all-time thrills, still hoping to see further adventures of Gene dog.

Mike Carroll

I'm abstaining, of course, but if I hadn't written Proteus Vex I'd probably have voted for Kingdom myself. It's one of my favourite comic-strips of all time. There's no shame in losing to something so good!

sintec

The first volume of Kingdom in the Ultimate Collection was the point I knew I was in for the long haul. One of those series that hits the ground running and just keeps going. I love Proteus Vex but my vote goes to the bestest boy Gene Kingdom

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

I really like Proteus Vex - it's nonchalantly wandered into the prog and just been very, very good while also being very much its own thing.

Kingdom's a weird one - it launched at such a height that it's trajectory was always going to be difficult to maintain, and over time there was a sense that my love for it, and my desire for more, could never be matched in print. And so there were some moments where I felt like it wasn't quite working - and kept destroying what had been built in previous series. But I wouldn't care so much if I didn't care so much.

They're both great thrills in their own right. What does it come down to, then? Vex is too enigmatic to quite fit the mold of hero. Gene, on the other hand, is always just doing what he feels is right - regardless of the consequences. Tougher and tough.

Kingdom
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

Tough one this, but I will give Proteus Vex the nod.
The recent series was a winter highlight.

Colin YNWA

Whatever happens here we lose a superb thrill and its good to see both getting praise. Keep it up today and I'll wrap it up in the morning. The more we talk about great thrills like these the more we remember how lucky we are.

IndigoPrime

Assuming Proteus Vex goes out, that and Devlin should have their own competition of greats ejected from the competition while the likes of flipping Fr1day sail on.

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 May, 2022, 09:22:04 AM
Assuming Proteus Vex goes out, that and Devlin should have their own competition of greats ejected from the competition while the likes of flipping Fr1day sail on.

....and Strontium Dogs as well
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

That's the kinda thing that Broodblik excels at.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 26 May, 2022, 09:49:49 AM

That's the kinda thing that Broodblik excels at.

Yes I can add those of the lost gems for a sideshow vote

Jake Lynch

Under the current state of democracy, I declare PROTEUS VEX the winner...*cough*
@ArtDroid_Lynch