Main Menu

Simpsons Movie Announced

Started by Buttonman, 01 April, 2006, 07:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

According to ceefax (page 504) the long mooted Simpsons film has been announced and is due for release on 27th July 2007.

Seemingly a teaser trailer is shown before Ice Age 2 in America and features Homer in his pants, so the omens are good.

How they'll strech the 22 minute format into 90 minutes is anybodies' guess.

I'll go for a breaking the third wall idea, where they find how exploited they are in our world and set off on a mission of redress and discovery. Or maybe a whole shed load of fart jokes.

Any ideas / gossip?

Buttonman

Bolt-01

Buttonman

It is indeed, 35 today and the body and mind of a 21 year old. 21 year old ham sandwich but there you go.

Gifted Case Files 2 and a year in the cinema and a nice bottle of Turning Leaf - think that list ticks most boxes and indeed issues!

Thank you for not saying what people have said to me for 35 years - Ha ha you're an April fool! Never tire of that one!

Woolly

Happy birthday mate!
Hope you have a good un.

Im 30 tomorrow...(sigh)

Bolt-01

Then have a hiccy birdy.

And don't sweat the April fool. It is my 17th anniversary with Mrs bolt today. We're both april fools.

Floyd-the-k

happy birthday! enjoy your Turning Leaf (whatever that is)

Buttonman

Turning Leaf is a nice reasonably priced quality wine - think of it like a premium tube of nectar Floyd!

Jerry Sadowitz was predicatably and somewhat tiresomely controversial. I hate blacks, jews etc. Yawn. Even did three gags that were on a tape of  his I had 20 years ago. Too scared to heckle of course

Poor show and no encore - just like the rubbish dinner and small portions!

Link: http://www.turningleaf.com/#detail_id=PNR&id=21" target="_blank">Yur ma best mate...

ThryllSeekyr

So, that is no April Fools joke!!

Is it live action or are they going to do a feature film leath cartoon episode.

Buttonman

Saw it today and...

I'll spoilerise the rest as no doubt someone will moan about me mentioning the lack of Apu or the Tom Hanks cameo...

I enjoyed it. If it was anything else that gave me as many laughs I'd have really enjoyed it, but being the Simpsons it's hard not to be disappointed to some degree, given their past achievements.

Jokes and plot points follow....

Really...

The opening is the best bit with a long Itchy and Scratchy pulled back to show the family watching it at the cinema. Homer huffs 'We must be idiots paying to watch a TV show at the cinema when it's on for free at home'.

The main plot is an enviromental one with the city being placed under a dome to avoid it polluting the rest of America. The family escape and go to Alaska and then ... ah come on get out there.

The other good bits are Bart's nude skateboarding with his bits on show in a funny scene and Lisa getting the doors of the town shut in her face only to meet her Irish equivalent boyfriend who isn't Bono's.

Less good were the pig bits, the Bart/Flanders relationship and Homer and Marge falling out (again). There also seemed a lot of absentees with Skinner, Apu, Chalmers,Otto, Albertson, Stu and Bumblebee-man hardly seen.

For credit fans there are a couple of extra scenes but when the family leave about half way through you should too. At the very end the squeeky voiced teen comes on to sweep up saying 'Assistant manager is an over rated position!'

Not all I hoped for but probably the best of the summer so far and well worth a look. 8/10

Buddy

Sorry, didn't see you thread before starting mine.

And yes, didn't notice it before but lack of Apu et all... I guess they'll have the opportunity in future films. Quite liked Tom Hanks and thought there would be MUCH more cameo stuff.

Adrian Bamforth

The more recent episodes tend to be lacking in real character drama, relying more on quickfire gags, spoofs and gross-out humour (though a bad Simpsons still feels to me pretty much like a decent Family Guy, and I don't envy the writers having to come up with more stories). I hope the film manages to rekindly some of the warmth and drama of earlier series.