Main Menu

Future Shock Collections

Started by credo, 14 September, 2015, 12:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

Having a lovely re-read of the Alan Moore and 'Best Of Tharg's .." future shock collections. They really are wonderful works. In my dreams the BBC commissions an Outer Limits style Future Shock TV series (among a host of other 2000AD related TV ventures).

My re-read got me thinking - there are a bunch of other Shocks, and various other one-shot or small part stories around. I know there was the Sci-Fi Thrillers trade, but that also included much longer works. What one-shots have we still got to see collected together in a single trade. Unless I'm missing something, the vast majority of Steven Moore's future shock work appears to be uncollected, alongside a bunch of Ro-Jaws Robo Tales, and other related things. Would be nice to see an additional volume or two of these kinds of works.

capatom

Count me in.  These are great collections and there are many more I'd love to see again.   :D

Hmm...anyone remember that annual "future shock" with the Belardinelli artwork about the guy being linked up to the machine and having his memories regressed?  Loved that story.    Was that 1978's or am I misremembering?*

* entirely possible, sadly.

Dark Jimbo

Ordinarily Barney would be your resource for this, but although it tells you which stories were included in the Alan Moore book, the details of the solo book haven't been uploaded yet (as far as I can tell.)

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&Comic=2000AD&choice=future

There was also that B-format Future Shocks book given away to subscribers a few years ago - no idea if the content was different to the exisiting books.

If Future Shocks are your thing then I highly recommend this excellent blog, which started reviewing each and every one in detail, along with Time Twisters, Robo-Tales, etc. https://futureshockd.wordpress.com/
Not been updated for a few years now, but hopefully he'll pick it up again at some point.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bolt-01

Ahem, if futureshocks are your thing then you really need to be reading FutureQuake & something Wicked...

FutureQuake Press