Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Perhaps there were other factors, such as costs and not wanting to cannibalise Rebellion's own sales. But it just feels a weird place to end it. (Lawless was unfortunate as well, but it would have been wrong to omit that strip entirely from the Dredd collection.)

The Monarch

the first extension was worth it for all the john smith books that should have been in the original set. I am so happy i have a near complete indigo prime now

Cyber-Matt

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 September, 2022, 11:48:35 PM
Mean Arena – so bad it killed the Extreme Edition.

I keep seeing this repeated as if it's a fact, and it's complete hogwash. The only thing that brought the Extreme Editions to an end was the editorial decision to fold it into the Megazine. The bagged mini-trades have, by and large, continued the EEs' remit of reprinting material too short or unlikely to get a book collection.

In any case, the last two EEs reprinted classic Robo-Hunter, but Sam Slade doesn't seem to have the same accusation thrown at him.

The Monarch

i was gonna say wasn't robohunter in the last two EEs?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Cyber-Matt on 03 September, 2022, 10:13:58 PM
The only thing that brought the Extreme Editions to an end was the editorial decision to fold it into the Megazine.

Would you mind not bringing facts into this? This is the internet...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

IndigoPrime

Mea culpa. I'll just go over here and sit on the naughty step for a while.

Tomontherun94

Not gonna lie it feels surreal going from starting this series fresh off the Dredd Mega Collection, barely knowing anything about characters that weren't Johnny Alpha and Rogue Trooper, to getting to a point where we've had a couple books made up entirely of stuff I read as it came out in the Megazine.

sintec

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 07 September, 2022, 08:08:19 PM
Not gonna lie it feels surreal going from starting this series fresh off the Dredd Mega Collection, barely knowing anything about characters that weren't Johnny Alpha and Rogue Trooper, to getting to a point where we've had a couple books made up entirely of stuff I read as it came out in the Megazine.

I think the 2nd vol of Brink was the first time I hit that overlap point. I missed the first Blunt and the McConville Devlin stories though so I can't quite add these to my "read it all in the prog/meg" list.

sintec

New covers up on Hachette site.  Good news for those hoping for a Stickleback vol 2
https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/stickleback/

And from the artists list on the Leviathan book I'm guessing that's going to contain -
Leviathan, American Gothic, Necronauts, Chiaroscuro
https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/l1072133/

I think we now know all the titles just not the exact content or order they'll arrive!

IndigoPrime

That'd be an interesting selection for Leviathan. I really hope it has the extra stories in too and not just the main Leviathan arc.

IndigoPrime

So is Stickleback the last unknown? And does that being the strip up to date for the final reveal? I'm tempted by both of these.

Dammit, Tharg. Just when I was out, you pulled me back in again.

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 September, 2022, 04:29:40 PM
So is Stickleback the last unknown? And does that being the strip up to date for the final reveal? I'm tempted by both of these.

Dammit, Tharg. Just when I was out, you pulled me back in again.

Going by Dark Jimbo's last post yeah that was the last unknown:
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 August, 2022, 12:44:38 PM
Updated list -

111 - Strontium Dog: Repo Men
112 - ABC Warriors 7
113 - ABC Warriors 8
114 - Strontium Dogs 1
115 - Strontium Dogs 2
116 - Strontium Dogs 3
117 -
118 - Mean Arena 1
119 - Mean Arena 2
120 -
121 - Cradlegrave
122 - Brass Sun 1
123 - Brass Sun 2
124 - The Returners
125 - Devlin Waugh
126 - Finn 1
127 - Finn 2
128 -
129 -
130 - Ro-Busters 1
131 - Ro-Busters 2
132 - Rogue Trooper: War Machine
133 - Blunt
134 - Revere
135 - Samantha Slade
136 - The Fall of Deadworld
137 - Sin/Dex 4
138 - Sin/Dex 5
139 - Sin/Dex 6
140 - Sin/Dex 7

A mere 4 gaps left now(!), and we know that the following are coming:

Dredd
Necronauts
Blackhawk
Leviathan

So with Necronauts almost certainly twinned with Leviathan (but not confirmed), does that leave us with one final unknown? Or perhaps two Dredd books?"

Stickleback is down as 208 pages which should be enough for 3 series. Pretty sure that brings us right up to date.

sintec

Gah messed up my Quote tags.  The last line in the qoute above was me:

Stickleback is down as 208 pages which should be enough for 3 series. Pretty sure that brings us right up to date.

Max Headroom

Super pleased that 'Stickleback' has made it in - have been hoping against hope for a long time!

Dark Jimbo

Updated list -

111 - Strontium Dog: Repo Men
112 - ABC Warriors 7
113 - ABC Warriors 8
114 - Strontium Dogs 1
115 - Strontium Dogs 2
116 - Strontium Dogs 3
117 -
118 - Mean Arena 1
119 - Mean Arena 2
120 - Leviathan
121 - Cradlegrave
122 - Brass Sun 1
123 - Brass Sun 2
124 - The Returners
125 - Devlin Waugh
126 - Finn 1
127 - Finn 2
128 -
129 - Stickleback 2
130 - Ro-Busters 1
131 - Ro-Busters 2
132 - Rogue Trooper: War Machine
133 - Blunt
134 - Revere
135 - Samantha Slade
136 - The Fall of Deadworld
137 - Sin/Dex 4
138 - Sin/Dex 5
139 - Sin/Dex 6
140 - Sin/Dex 7

2 gaps left, and we know that Dredd and Blackhawk are coming, so... that would seem to be it!
@jamesfeistdraws