Main Menu

Space Spinner 2000AD

Started by Steve Green, 19 April, 2017, 09:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 05 December, 2022, 10:28:14 AM

Somehow it's really hit the sweet spot for us!

I didn't mind it at the time - it was a bit of deliberately trashy throwaway fun, with an emphasis on shock value rather than any deep message.  It didn't pretend to be anything else, and that was fine by me.  Though I'd have to say that Fox seems to be reading a lot into something that wasn't designed to be read into at all :)

Anyway thanks for the podcasts - it's not the best prog-era ever, but you make looking back at it fun and entertaining.  Keep up the good work!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SpaceSpinner2000

In our mega fortieth episode Eli and Conrad continue their patrol through the world of Judge Dredd with volume two, issues 52-54 of the Judge Dredd Megazine, covering April & May of 1994. This episode we're fighting monsters in Dredd, Shimura, and Missionary Man, being monsters in creep, and sending more postcards from space with Judge Anderson!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify
Or on your favorite podcast app!

Please let me know what you think of the episode!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Leigh S

An interesting listen, especially in conjunction with what is going on over in the prog.  As I am keen to say, if only we could condense the talent pool down to one publication, the prog would probably be ticking over quite nicely with Gibson/McMahon/MacNeil/Quitely/Ransom/Wagner/Grant/Mills/Smith - put Rennie and Williams on their own inventions not connected to the dreddverse and you'd have a fairly condensed chunk of thrillpower.

Glad Creep is landing as badly as I feel it deserves over here, even if Babe Race has avoided the barbs. Surprised Eli hadnt encountered / had blocked out Walter - did you do the Apocalypse War in the primer episodes?

SpaceSpinner2000

I believe we discussed it a bit, but I might have glossed over Walter, plus that was over two years ago now!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

sheridan

Let's face it - if you're reading the whole of Block Mania and the Apocalypse War, Walter (and Maria) is not the bit you'll be concentrating on!

The Monarch

god trying to work out who some of those cameos are in the armoured gideon collector story is really hard. some are obvious like abenald snazz some are less obvious (is that doomlord? who are those skeletons in shakos cave)

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and ninety-third episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 888-891 of 2000AD, covering May & June 1994. This episode we'll start another raft of new thrills, as Dredd handles klutzes, time travellers and conspiracies, we'll meet the new flesh in Mambo, and start new adventures for Sláine, Friday, Armoured Gideon, and some other surprise old friends!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

Quote from: The Monarch on 20 December, 2022, 03:00:32 AM
god trying to work out who some of those cameos are in the armoured gideon collector story is really hard. some are obvious like abenald snazz some are less obvious (is that doomlord? who are those skeletons in shakos cave)

They're all over the place, it's definitely a challenge!

Leigh S

Judge Pickles!  That's a name I havent heard for a long time! He was a dodgy Judge who seemed to give women harsh sentences and let men off with really serious crimes IIRC?

I think Fox is right - the worst is over now you've hit prog 889 - Wagner back on Dredd, Fleischer off Rogue, no more (Millar at least?) Robohunter and precious little Millar/Morrison to plough through.  It will still take a few years to actually step up a gear again, but at least it has stabilised above the water line

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Leigh S on 20 December, 2022, 02:54:17 PM
I think Fox is right - the worst is over now you've hit prog 889 - Wagner back on Dredd, Fleischer off Rogue, no more (Millar at least?) Robohunter and precious little Millar/Morrison to plough through.  It will still take a few years to actually step up a gear again, but at least it has stabilised above the water line

Yeah to manage expectations its a very bumpy road to recovery! But some good stuff, some very good stuff isn't toooo far off...

SpaceSpinner2000

In our thrilling two hundred and ninety-fourth episode Fox and Conrad continue their journey through the Galaxy's Greatest Comic with Progs 892-895 of 2000AD, covering June & July 1994. This episode Dredd has intrigue, Slaine has murder, Mambo has body horror, and Armoured Gideon has old friends aplenty!

Direct Download
iTunes
Google
Stitcher
Spotify

JayzusB.Christ

Yay! Really needed a good podcast for work today, and this will do nicely.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dandontdare

I've had bloody Mambo Italiano stuck  in my head for weeks now thanks to this podcast. Thank you very fucking much Conrad and Fox

Dandontdare

Dandontdare

Dandontdare

but your mind wanders for a moment and...