Main Menu

Another New Star Wars Trilogy

Started by JOE SOAP, 06 February, 2018, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

'Game Of Thrones' Duo Benioff & Weiss To Pilot New 'Star Wars' Trilogy

David Benioff and D.B. Weiss are going from Winterfell to a galaxy far, far away.

It was announced today that Benioff and Weiss, creators of the smash-hit, Emmy Award-winning television series Game of Thrones, will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films.

These new films will be separate from both the episodic Skywalker saga and the recently-announced trilogy being developed by Rian Johnson, writer-director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

TordelBack

JOE SOAP

I presume so; it seems to fit, and I doubt Johnson wants to do it.

Tiplodocus

Can they keep it light? Literally the last thing I want to see is Game Of Thrones with lightsaber.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

If I were Han I'd stay away from open windows...

SIP

Wow......Disney isn't messing about is it?

Can there be too much Star Wars?

Yes, I think so.

Professor Bear

It's actually getting embarrassing how badly in denial people are about the fact they once liked the Ewoks - each new Star Wars project has to be more darker than the last.

James Stacey

as long as its got more quadboobseals in it I'm in.

GrudgeJohnDeed

Goaty

Quote from: Professor Bear on 07 February, 2018, 11:17:51 AM
It's actually getting embarrassing how badly in denial people are about the fact they once liked the Ewoks - each new Star Wars project has to be more darker than the last.

Well there a clue in the title Star Wars.

TordelBack

I love the Ewoks. Vicious stone-age buggers with a taste for human flesh and a talent for arboreal warfare,  what's not to like.

dweezil2

Hoping for a Porg erotic thriller!    :D
50 Shades Of Porg.

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Professor Bear

We don't know for sure the Ewoks were going to eat those people, just that they were going to burn them to death in the vicinity of a cooking pot.

Quote from: Goaty on 07 February, 2018, 04:23:53 PM
Quote from: Professor Bear on 07 February, 2018, 11:17:51 AM

Well there a clue in the title Star Wars.

I'm not sure what the logic is there, but it doesn't track that wars have to be worse as time goes on - the Gulf War was much more fun than Vietnam or the Falklands.  I also imagine all those high school dropouts recruited for their gaming skills are probably having a whale of a time using drones to blow up weddings.

TordelBack

You would hope that TLJ has finally silenced the calls for each instalment of a kids' fantasy franchise to be daaaaarker.

Colin YNWA

I've really warmed to the murder bears over the last few months. Not sure why but maybe its the realisation that fair from being teddy bears they are in fact

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 February, 2018, 05:09:11 PM
I love the Ewoks. Vicious stone-age buggers with a taste for human flesh and a talent for arboreal warfare,  what's not to like.

Which you know is like very cool.