City of the Damned - Progs 393-406

Mechanismo - Megs 2.12-2.17; 2.22-2.26; 2.37-2.43

Sin City - Progs Progs 1289-1299

Next four from Dredd Epics Ranked:

Die Laughing - OGN

Helter Skelter - Progs 1250-1261

Trifecta - Progs 1804-1812

Wilderlands - Progs 904-918 and Megs 2.63-2.68

Voting will close on the morning of Wednesday 8th March and the 4 Epics with the most votes will progress to the next round.

All links go through to AlexF's simply brilliant Dredd Epics Ranked blog. You may need to scroll to find his write up of a particular story - but I'd suggest just reading the whole thing anyway - it's fantastic stuff.

Baffled by what's going on here - well we have a a thread for that - though that might leave you more confused than anything.

Rules for what they are worth.

Not sure about anything just ask and I'll blag it.

abelardsnazz

1. Mechanismo
2. Wilderlands. One of Mechanismo's legacy stories, at position 2 as I'm not sure the Prog/Meg crossover entirely worked, but a significant "event" story.
3. City of the Damned

HM: Trifecta

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Trifecta. A proper epic.
Mechanismo.
The Chief Judge's Man.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

1. Wilderlands. I know people dont like it- but with Carlos in fill-in ecstasy at having discovered Kai's Powertools and the glorious juxtaposition with Trevor Hairsine's work, it's hard not to love. And I love it.

2. Mechanismo.

3. City of the Damned.

SBT

Barrington Boots

Now it's getting real!

1. Trifecta - this is, as Magnetica says, a proper epic. I think it still stands up on a re-read.
2. Wilderlands - it's a bit of a mess but it's a cool story and it looks great.
3. Mechanismo - still the business.

Really tough not to vote for Sin City here, but Wilderlands pips it, for all it's flaws.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

BPP

1 - trifecta
2 - city of the dammed
3 - sin city

Honourable mention to wildelands as the first real 'deserved a vote but squeezed out by quality' for me in this structure. Just too talky is my memory.

Anyone who votes for helter skelter needs posting rights removed.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Tomwe

Bolt-01

1. Sin City.
2. Trifecta.
3. Chief Judges Man.

AlexF

1. Wilderlands
2. Trifecta
3. Mechanismo

Wilderlands has all the good bits in the first half, but they're so good it sustains the rushed ending and art/editorial error.
Trifecta is too ambitious not to vote for, and if I could single out Low Life: Saudade that'd be WAY up higher. It's up there with Creation as the best Low Life story.
It feels a bit of a cheat to vote for Mechanismo as well as Wilderlands but Crazyface told me to.

Southstreeter

1. Mechanismo
2. Trifecta
3. Wilderlands

sintec

Rogue Judge

1. Wilderlands Dynamic duo Trevor Hairsine & Carlos Ezquerra provide killer art, and this feels like a true epic. One of my guilty pleasures for sure!
2. Mechanismo Has lasting a legacy, including all the Mechanismo spinoffs, including Harvey etc.
3. City of the Damned A classic epic, better than it gets credit for. It doesn't feel dragged out to me. Full of amazing art too.

HM - Sin City almost made the list.

WhizzBang

1. Trifecta
2. Wilderlands
3. Mechanismo

From memory right now, Trifecta is the best big Dredd story which Wagner is not invoolved in (for me).