Main Menu

Rage vs Outlaw - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic: Game 10

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 August, 2021, 06:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We're really at the business end of things now and these ties will decide Group and therefore places in the play-offs or Tourney Proper!

Rage vs Outlaw - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Epic: Game 10

We're wrapping up the group 1 of Epic Region qualifying with today's votes. Big decisions that will decide place in the Tourney proper coming up! This one is a straight head to head, winner takes all for this group!

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

Rage - more info

Vs

Outlaw - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easy) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 22nd August and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

What on Earth is all this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

Rogue Judge

This is terribly difficult...love the Stix and Outlaw, but I've gotta go with the brooding and vengeful Johnny of Rage. The way he dealt with Bubba (twice) has to be one of the most satisfying revenge killings of villain.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Barrington Boots

Ooh.
I think I'm going to go for Outlaw. I can't quite believe I'm voting against Rage, but Outlaw was one of my earliest SD tales and there's a lot there that's iconic for me: the Stix brothers, Smelly Quinn, Barrington Boots, Vince Scampi, dreadful potato jokes, the death of Harvey and the Torso.. the shootout ending is brilliant - I'm a real sucker for an SD tale that ends with a high-noon style draw down.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

AlexF

credo

Outlaw

Rage is brilliant, but suffers, in terms of dialogue, fun and character, from the lack of Wulf (even if that's also what makes it great).

Outlaw, on the other hand, has Wulf, Middenface, Evans, Torso, Stront against Stront, Stix, [spoiler]Kreelman[/spoiler] and giant tropical antarctic penguins. What's not to love!?!

Timothy

Buttonman

Can only reread one? Think I'd go for Rage 3 times out of 5.

Southstreeter

Tough one, and no time to reread, but Rage and hope Outlaw also qualifies (can it? The rules have totally lost me)

Leigh S

Trickiest one so far

Outlaw is superb, but Rage has it... I pity the story that has to stand agaist it

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 19 August, 2021, 06:46:02 AM
The way he dealt with Bubba (twice) has to be one of the most satisfying revenge killings of villain.

Well, quite.

The look on Bubba's face when he hears his name called outside the hospital is incredible.

Rage

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Tomorrow, tomorrow
I close this one tomorrow
The final count is only a day awaaaayyyyy

I must have done that one before surely?

Its not a contest for me. A thrill I'm not a massive fan of as I find it drifty and meandering vs a razor sharp, target thrill bullet that one of my all time favourite.... I mean on that basis:

Rage

Not by a country mile but by 1.47 country miles!