Main Menu

Beast of Milton Keynes vs. Moses Incident - Bolt-01 Cup - Group 4 Game 6

Started by Colin YNWA, 30 September, 2021, 06:36:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

What can we expect from the last two matches in Group 4, well it seems likely that Beast will be consigned to the bottom of the group, though it may shock things and Moses Incident needs a big win to fight for a place in the finals, assuming the other ties goes as expected... all to play for!

All you need to worry about which is your favourite between:

The Beast of Milton Keynes - more info

Vs

The Moses Incident - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite of these two stories at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 3rd October and the winner (I'll count up who gets the most votes basically) gets 3 points towards qualifying... huh...

... there's a spreadsheet to make following easier... if you fancy. If not, don't worry just VOTE!!!!

I've tried to explain the finals here.

What on Earth is ALL of this?

Why on Tharg's Earth head are we doing this?

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Oh and my 'More info' links... well I don't say how much more and they get pretty wonky at times!

Rogue Judge

I've been a bit hard on The Moses Incident in past rounds as I don't prefer the mystical/magical elements of SD. However, its a great story with an emotional punch and gets my vote in this round.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

AlexF

Moses Incident is very well constructed, and the basic idea of the little boy getting caught up in a shootout is terrific - but Malak Brood just leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I don;t get the fun out of this story that I generally associate with Stront. So I'm voting Beast.

Barrington Boots

I'm also voting for Beast. Alex nails it for me on why I'm not a huge fan of Moses - the basic idea of the kid getting shot and Alpha being all torn up is great, but Brood himself sucks. I also don't think this story is much fun, although the heads are good.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

We've learnt today that all votes matter and there's so few of them here, go get um in today and I'll count them up tomorrow morning.

The simple fact of this one is while its clear that Moses Incident is no were near as popular as I figured it was, its still a great thrill and incredibly memorable and so takes this one with ease for me.

The Moses Incident

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So the situation is Rage has this group. 'Traitor to his Kind' sits in second place, with a votes difference of -2, if Moses can win this 3 votes or more it will still continue its troubled journey through this tourney by snatching the runner up spot and a place in the quarters... and does it... well, its probably little surprise that first part gets done and

The Moses Incident

wins this one... so lets look at the final table to see how much by...

Group 4 Final Table

Points   Votes Diff
Rage                                    9             21
The Moses Incident          4               0
Traitor to his kind              4              -2
Beast of Milton Keynes    0             -19

And The Moses Incident does it and snatches the final spot in the Quarters.

See you tomorrow and we'll start those hey....