Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in Jan 2023:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! 2000 AD surges into the New Year with an amazing line-up of stories - Judge Dredd suspects an old enemy is at large in the city in "The Night Shifter"; war explodes across the cosmos in Proteus Vex: "Crawlspace"; Cyd is a prisoner in The Out Book 3; the second arc of Hope: "In the Shadows" comes to its explosive finale; and there's high-octane robo-violence in Joe Pineapples: "Tin Man"!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in Jan 2023:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! There's the start of a stunning new Dredd thriller, plus the latest instalments of Storm Warning, the Dark Judges, Devlin Waugh, and Surfer Book 2. Plus the next chapters of Judge Dredd: Year One and Mega-City Two, interviews, features and much more!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JohnW

Even if I'd never read The Out, I think I'd start solely on the strength of that picture.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

broodblik

Quote from: JWare on 21 October, 2022, 04:24:23 PM
Even if I'd never read The Out, I think I'd start solely on the strength of that picture.

You are missing out big time. But a collection of the first two books are available to order now.

JohnW

You're preaching to the converted, Broodblik.
I'm saying 'Even if...'
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JohnW

Quote from: JWare on 21 October, 2022, 04:38:57 PM
You're preaching to the converted, Broodblik.
I'm saying 'Even if...'

Sorry to harp on this, but if I've ever had one gripe about Mark Harrison's art – and it would only be one gripe – it's that his pictures are sometimes too busy. The man just doesn't seem comfortable with empty spaces.
And then I look at this.
Beautiful.

sheridan

Quote from: broodblik on 21 October, 2022, 04:17:13 PM
Coming to the prog in Jan 2023:

Quote from: DNAVogon ships are yellow chunky slablike somethings, huge as office buildings, silent as birds. They hang in the air in much the same way that bricks don't.

JohnW

Well well well well well.
Very interesting.
Do you think Abnett/Harrison is making a clever allusion to Hitchhiker's here?
If so, well spotted, sir.

sheridan

Quote from: JWare on 21 October, 2022, 06:54:28 PM
Well well well well well.
Very interesting.
Do you think Abnett/Harrison is making a clever allusion to Hitchhiker's here?
If so, well spotted, sir.

I don't know if it's intentional, but it's the very first thing I immediately thought of!

broodblik

The only problem with this picture is: if it is the cover then the 2000AD logo might spoil it.

JohnW

Very true. Any piece of text would diminish this.

IndigoPrime

That should be a print. I'd buy it.

The Monarch

oh god we are getting two idw things shoved into the meg from now on aren't we? :(