Main Menu

Comixology 4.0 - not sounding good.

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 February, 2022, 06:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I also think part of the problem is that selling "books" on their website is not their core business anymore, the only focus now is on the cloud services. What made Amazon is now forgotten by them and they do not care.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

Colin YNWA

broodblik

After reading this article I wonder can the publishers sue Amazon for lost of revenue?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

Well, isn't Marvel trying to push its own digital platform?  That being the case, what is the long term prognosis going to be?  If Comixology continues to haemorrhage users then it would provide the opening needed for a new player to step in.  If they can concentrate on smaller / independent publishers and offer a far better deal then Comixology is likely to wither on the vine.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: broodblik on 26 February, 2022, 08:38:49 AM
After reading this article I wonder can the publishers sue Amazon for lost of revenue?
Not unless there's something in the contracts that Amazon has gone against. And I very much doubt that's been the case.

Quote from: Tjm86 on 26 February, 2022, 12:16:43 PMIf Comixology continues to haemorrhage users then it would provide the opening needed for a new player to step in.  If they can concentrate on smaller / independent publishers and offer a far better deal then Comixology is likely to wither on the vine.
The problem is, every other multi-publisher player in this space has itself disappeared, due to the dominance of that one major player. I suspect the more likely future will be publishers taking back control over their own properties in some way (as 2000 AD has retained throughout). Either that or they'll collectively shrug their shoulders, pretend digital doesn't really matter, and gripe at how much piracy there is despite digital readers having no viable alternative.