Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Jaegir vs. Rose O’Rion Round 3 Heat 21

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 May, 2022, 06:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 3 of Round 3 is 'One and Done' week with no fewer than 3 of the surviving Future Shockesque stories appearing. They all have very interesting ties and ... well we'll see. In my mind though, intriguing as those clashes are, is a modern masters face-off that is one of the ties of the Round for me, not everyone I imagine, but for me...

Are the two female protagonists here really comparable? One a rather cliche thief with a heart. Who so far has bested Roadkill and Finn (good result that!) the other a dark and twisted war veteran. Damaged as much by her brutal father as the war on NuEarth. A full, rounded and fascinating character, victor over Soul Sisters... can you tell I'm leaning one way on this one....

Jaegir - more info

Vs

Rose O'Rion - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 28th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

Jaegir.

It's the best thing to come out of the Rogue Trooper universe and a modern classic.

abelardsnazz

rogue69

IndigoPrime

Poor Rose. She was fine, but Jaegir is a modern 2000 AD classic, so: Jaegir.

AlexF

No commentary needed, really - Jaegir is a better story, with better writing and art.

Blue Cactus

Barrington Boots

Really is nothing to say here to justify a vote for Jaegir
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

My only complaint about Jaegir is that I want to see it in the Prog more frequently.
Top Thrill.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++