Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Ordinary vs. Diaboliks Rd 3 Heat 50

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 June, 2022, 06:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Round 3 heads towards its conclusion and things aren't getting any easier. It's time to start thinking about how hard Round 4 is gonna be cos lets face it as we near having just 64 thrills left we know they are all (well almost all) gonna be beauties and the tough ties we see this week will be the regular head scratchers in a couple of weeks time. Arh remember how easy Round 2 was!

Ordinary is a great creator owned tale that to be honest hasn't been tested before now, meeting Outlaw then Mother Earth. So a tie against Diaboliks is going to be much tougher. To be fair The Diaboliks haven't exactly had a hard time against Slaughter Bowl and O'Rork, though the former is a great John Smith one might have thought would fare better. A grim omen for Ordinary?

Ordinary - more info

Vs

Diaboliks - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 23rd June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

I admire Diaboliks, and am glad it's in the prog. It's suitably grim and horrific and has some great art. But I really liked Ordinary. It was a simple idea, executed to perfection, with some lovely artwork.

rogue69

sintec

Ordinary is good fun but I'm a sucker for occult horror and Reardon's b/w art is a great fit for the strip. So Diabloliks for me.

AlexF

I admit I'm knocking Ordinary down because it wasn't, I think specifically created for the Megazine, but it WAS the best of the tales that ran in the 'also serialized in the Meg' slot.

But I don't feel too bad because Diabioliks is great on its own, and can carry the torch of Caballistics so cruelly snuffed out a couple of weeks ago.

The Diaboliks, I say.

Timothy

Ordinary
It would have been a different result against Cabs, bur Diaboliks is just a notch below.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Magnetica