Main Menu

Complete Dice Man - coming May 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 16 September, 2022, 04:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 September, 2022, 01:39:46 PM
Quote from: Art on 17 September, 2022, 06:58:55 PM
You guys really like Choose Your Own Adventure stuff in comics eh? Noted.
But do we?

If you think yes, turn to page 212. If you think no, turn to page 126.

I clicked both and then choose the one I thought was best
Lock up your spoons!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

[Post moved to correct thread]

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Barrington Boots

This arrived today. In hardback it's an incredibly chunky volume, and brimming with brilliant art. My only (mild) gripe would be that the cover isn't the most striking image, especially when one of the Fabry images could have been reused.

The Tomb of Terror game is included, and there's a QR code to scan and get the comic.

Really impressed and excited to get into this.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Max Headroom

Barrington - Is the final page from 'Tomb of Terror' included (which was omitted from its last reprint in a 'Slaine' tpb and without which you cannot complete the game)??

Barrington Boots

I'm not familiar with the original or the reprint so without playing it I'm not sure, but it looks like the last part of the game, skimming the text.
It's got 15 parts + a map, and the final page has an image of Ukko holding three straws, if that helps.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

hellscrape

I have the Slaine trade "The King" that reprints the Tale of Terror game. It also seems to end with Ukko holding three straws, followed by a black page with white lettering. I hope the complete DiceMan has everything as it should! I was hoping for a complete collection of these games, I already have the Nemesis ones in HC and the Slaine Gaming book Titan put out ages ago.

I really want that Talbot Dredd game, and am averse to getting the Essential book, as I am not much a fan of double-dipping on stories unless they are my favoritest stories ever!

Tomwe

Got this book today - it's a smaller form factor like, say, Full Tilt Boogie rather than the Stront S&D books. But it feels good in your hand, not too heavy for the number of pages.

Max Headroom

I have my copy and a very nice tome it is too. And I can confirm that the back cover of Prog 461 is included so that you can know which is the short straw and thus finish 'Slaine: Tomb of Terror'! Good stuff.

Dash Decent

Have the Dredd and Rogue Trooper CYOA stories been reprinted elsewhere already, in 'modern' times?  I have a feeling Dredd may have been in the Restricted Files, and perhaps Rogue was in the 4th volume of his Files phonebook?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

hellscrape

The Dredd Talbot CYOA was also printed in the Dredd/Death Essential Book, and in the Extreme Edition 1 (although that's about 20 years ago now!).

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Headroom

'House of Death' was also reprinted in JD Restricted Files volume 4.