Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Leigh S

I'd love to see a faithful Flash Gordon movie (well, minus the 30s racism, so visually some characters would need an overhaul) - the 79 one is pretty good as an update that keeps most of the pulpy goodness, but I just imagine what you could do with the SFX of today and think it'd be visually insane

Dandontdare

If ever a movie was "of it's time" it's Barbarella, so the outcome will either be a pale travesty of a cult classic or a polarising piece of misogyny.

STOP JUST REMAKING STUFF! HAVE NEW IDEAS!

As a very young teen on a caravan holiday in in France I picked up a Barbarella comic cos I'd vaguely heard of (but not seen) the film and it looked a bit more grown up and sci-fi (like 2000ad) than all that Lucky Luke and Asterix stuff. My folks were impressed I was working on my French, but boy, that comic was an eye opener and I, erm, studied it closely for many months. Finally saw the film during one of the many drunken video-rental marathons of the late 80s. (few mates, four-tape weekend special offer, couple of bottles of Mad Dog or Thunderbird and that's a top Saturday night!)

nxylas

I've never read the original comic strips that the movie was based on. Are they very different?
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Dandontdare

they're more like an ongoing newspaper strip, just endless adventures in which her clothes fall off quite often in that euro-erotic style like Manera

nxylas

Quote from: Dandontdare on 13 October, 2022, 01:27:11 PM
they're more like an ongoing newspaper strip, just endless adventures in which her clothes fall off quite often in that euro-erotic style like Manera
So, not really then. But I'm sure it's all done in the best possible taste.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Rara Avis

Yes to Sydney Sweeney in a sci-fi movie; not only is she absolutely gorgeous she's also a really talented actress as well.

But NO to remakes / reboots / sequels / prequels / trilogies.

Can we please have some original content please??

There must be thousands of sci-fi stories written in the past decades; can't they just have a crack at one?

JayzusB.Christ

I'm with you there - for every Cape Fear and Scarface, there are a thousand Robocops and Wicker Men.  Ah well, I'll give this one a chance anyway.  Just for the car articles, don't you know.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]