Main Menu

Overheard

Started by johnnystress, 09 July, 2004, 04:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

sorry, I couldn't resist :-)

slightly related; does anyone recall the names of the cars in Hard Boiled (Miller & Darrow)?  Something along the lines of a Pontiac Eastwood, and a Chevy Stallone.  I'm not kidding this time..

Conexus

again I ask :

what bloody car ad ?

robbycox

I think its a seat car advert,starts off saying about how people ridiculed footwear with air in the soles ( air nike implied)then moves on to how people thought comics were only for kids (shows adult being "cuddled" on tube train by cartoon woman)then there's a third suggestion (which i can't remember!) then it moves onto pictures of the car in question- there you go - clear as mud!
anyone else seen it?
Rob.

Misanthrope

Yeah, I've seen it too.  I was also shocked because the last advert I saw that mentioned comics took the piss.

It was women saying the things men wanted to hear.

"Oh darling if she meant nothing to you then lets forget it."

But the line that pissed me off was.

"Oh thats great! I collect comic books too!"

Wankers.

And why is it no one mentions the fact that oscar winning movie, road to perdition, was based on a graphic novel?

Eh, eh?

Rant over.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Quirkafleeg

THe third suggestion is 'all chairs have legs' which has a chair by a famous designer (Starke maybe?) that has no legs... it kinda looks like a 's' in profile (with out the top left to right bit of the 's'). It's in a wood for reasons that escape me...

Mr C

"Oh thats great! I collect comic books too!"

That annoyed me as well. I mean, I'm a comic fan and I have to beat hordes of lustful succubi off with a big stick everytime I go out the door.

House of Usher

Perhaps the chair (probably plastic, not obviously made of wood) is filmed in a wood in order to suggest Scandinavian design. As we all know, Scandinavia is one big wood, and chairs there are seldom found inside houses.
STRIKE !!!

Byron Virgo

"And why is it no one mentions the fact that oscar winning movie, road to perdition, was based on a graphic novel?"

Perhaps because it was shite?

W. R. Logan

>"And why is it no one mentions the fact that oscar winning movie, road to perdition, was based on a graphic novel?"

For exactly the same reason as John Wagners History Of Violence wont be credited as being from a comic book.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan

Trout

Road To Perdition was credited as such in its credits.

I haven't read the comic, but I quite like the film.

It's atmospheric.

- Trout

Richmond Clements

Road to Perdition. It's just Lone Wolf and Cub isn't it?