Main Menu

A scojo idea for Strontium Dog

Started by Thread Zero, 23 September, 2002, 02:48:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgeguido

No no no no no! Johnny Alpha has been laid to rest - let him rest in peace! Wulf is dead too!

If we start resurrecting the son-of-stront idea, we get into the lame attempts to prolong the genre (remember the Final Solution - a rip off of the original Mutant Wars, with Lord Sagan as Johnny Alpha's illegitimate brother?) Durham Red, Feral and Middenface have more than enough mileage left in them!

Boooooooooooooooing! Judge Guido

Quirkafleeg

Never mind 'Son of Alpha' what about Son of Bison?

W. R. Logan

>Never mind 'Son of Alpha' what about Son of Bison?

If he's got any of his own sperm in storage it could be interesting?? 8-?

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79 Yahoo Group

http://www.saskbison.com/saskbison/newrun1.gif">

Devons Daddy

hey great icon, i say we ask wake to attach it the e mail address of the writers of bison,then they could wear it like a hair shirt every time they post here,
all though in favour of this punishment please cast your vote,

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

almighty mat

In a similar vein, how about letting Scojo back on, but only allowing him access to posts in the category SCOJO or BEWARE SCOJO. That way, if you want a serious discussion withi#out bickering you just put the initial post in a non-scojo category. Wake, is this possible? Any thoughts anyone else?

mat

Wake

I don't think it would be a good idea.

GordonR

Isn't that what the Argue With Scojo Yahoo group was supposed to be for?

He's banned from here, and the site's all the better for that.  Why try to make back doors to let him back in?

W. R. Logan

> In a similar vein, how about letting Scojo back on, but only allowing him access to posts in the category SCOJO or BEWARE SCOJO. That way, if you want a serious discussion withi#out bickering you just put the initial post in a non-scojo category. Wake, is this possible? Any thoughts anyone else?

Sounds like madness, this forum is open to anyone that reads 2000AD and with a bit more publicising by Tharg could have more subscribers, let Scojo back in and I'd guarantee that he'd put off some of them. Plus elevating him to his own threads makes a mockery of all the times that he's been given a chance and pissed it up the wall.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Devons Daddy

why make doors?
i like to think we are decent bunch on here, and the suggestoins to let him back are based on the fact we are just that,.
though i agree as we are growing and the site is just getting better and better, we should not allow him to chase others away from being part of our community,he has had his chances and he has wasted them, another six months ban will not hurt and then the situation can be reviewed.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Tiplodocus

I don't think this idea has very much mileage. Unless of course John Wagner wrote it, in which case it would be a brilliant idea.

Writing little things like the above would have guaranteed another eight threads starting off about how Scojo's idea was brilliant and a lot of name calling about Mister Wagner.

So I don't think it's a good idea to let Scojo back on board.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Oddboy

Currently the voting on Scojo stands at:

Yes, he won't do it again (8 votes) 12%
No - he has already had enough chances (46 votes) 67%
Only if he can prove on the newsgroup, etc that he can behave (15 votes) 22%

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/index.php3?zone=fan&page=poll&choice=1024514628" target="_blank">Vote No/Yes To Scojo

Better set your phaser to stun.

GordonR

>Yes, he won't do it again (8 votes) 12%

Bear in mind that I bet three of those votes came from scojo and his alter-egoes 'synapse' and 'alien'.  

Take away those three votes and adjust the percentages accordingly.

And, with synapse and alien, he already proved that, no, he simply can't behave when back on the board.  I bet some of those 15 leniently-inclinded souls might have changed their opinions when they saw him quickly revert to his usual antics on those two ocassions.

Oddboy

The Mad John Bonney handle's a permanent fixture now I take it?

Nogo Monsta
Better set your phaser to stun.

Wake

I'm afraid you lose your bet. He voted once as himself, which he is perfectly entitled to do. The other 7 are other people.

Wake

Art

Probably the people who joined his 20000AD fan club before he threw a fit and deleted it.