Main Menu

To 2000AD, its editor, Rebellion and message boarders

Started by Thread Zero, 04 October, 2002, 03:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

I have read 2000AD continuously for nearly twenty years but this week's 2000AD (1311) has betrayed me. It is very sad that a comic I have loved with all my heart has started some crusade to insult and ridicule me. Yeah, you may say it's just a joke. Well I found Simon Spurrier's 'Nestel' comment in this week's Scrap deeply offensive.

If people don't like me, fair enough. But to put one's prejudice and hatred into the comic itself, is unforgivable. Simon's use of my surname was meant as a blatant insult.

Why do paid writers need to resort to such childish insults?

If Simon or Gordon have some problem with me, act like sensible human beings and email me.  Don't display your petty insecurities and rants inside the pages of 2k like cowards. I think it is pathetic. I also think it is pathetic of Matt Smith to sanction this type of behaviour and let it see print.

I can longer read a comic that shows such contempt for one its readers. I have therefore stopped collecting and reading 2000AD.

Thank you Rebellion, Matt Smith, Gordon Rennie and Simon Spurrier for destroying the magic that was 2000AD. I hope one day you can look in the mirror and be proud of yourselves for your cowardly, infantile and insulting behaviour.

Scott.

[Posted via Wake on the strict understanding that this is the last message he will post for me]

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArgueWithScojo/" target="_blank">ArgueWithScojo Yahoo group

Matt

Scojo, you've had more comebacks than Status Quo. I'll believe it when I see it.

GordonR

>>proud of yourselves for your cowardly, infantile and insulting behaviour.

Are you sure you're not referring to yourself there, scott?  

I still have the relevant chat logs, if you need reminding of the behaviour which finally got you ejected from this forum.

scojo to a gay member of the chatroom: "up yours aids bringer"

scojo to me: "I wanna ejaculate all over your shitty stinking face and fuck up the board."

Cowardly?  Infantile?  Insulting?

You were saying, scott...?

almighty mat

++scojo to me: "I wanna ejaculate all over your shitty stinking face and fuck up the board." ++

So I take it that you weren't flattered and maybe even a little bit curious then, Gordon?

mat

Link: http://www.makesmeangry.com/whycowshatewinter.mpe" target="_blank">Unrelated sex link

Oddboy

I thought he'd quit the 'Argue with scojo' group.

In 2 progs there were "anti-scojo" remarks (although possibly there may be something in 1312's scrap, but I suspect not).
However it was meant, the appearance in the Dredd strip wasn't exactly offensive, and caused many to wish it had been them (I'd consider it an honour to have had that role!).
Yes the Scrap's comments were 'under the belt' but then again so was Bison's grafitti and I think Arthur took it in good humour - to the extent that he posted it in his website (http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/archive/september2002.html">See the entry under "12/09/2002").

What I'm saying is that if you don't want to read 2000AD anymore, if you don't want to find out what happens to Dredd, then that's your loss.  Don't think that you're 'making a stand' against Anti-scojoism because you have brought that upon yourself.  I didn't give up 2000AD because Pat Mills was writing anti-Christian stories that I found *actually* offensive because you can pick and choose the stories you want to read.

Do what you like, you will anyway.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

GordonR

Ewwwwwwwwww!

You're definitely off the Christmas card list.

PS.  Thanks for the Voices of the Fire offer, mat.   Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.  No need to go to any trouble - if I ever see a copy, I'll maybe grab it, but I'm not in that much of a huge hurry to read it.  Thanks anyway.

John Caliber

I think you could turn all that Scojo business into a fine little humour comic ...
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Slippery PD

I didnt really want to reply to this
One word describes this, Hypocracy(sp?).
Scojo/Scott whatever you want to call yourself, I think you should have a major look in the mirror, not those you have mentioned above!

Arent you the one who stalked a regular female message boarder?
Arent you the one who called many of the writers who frequent here names?
Arent you the one who "scared/chased/whatever" many regulars away from one of the yahoo groups?
Arent you the one who seems to go out of his way to offend anyone who doesnt agree with you?
Arent you the one who emails J. Wagner regularly to tell hiom how much you know about the Dredd universe and tell him how bad his scripts are?

Is it any wonder, that these writers do not contact you direct.  Do they want to be told how bad they are?  Or maybe that you could write a better script?  Or maybe some abuse when they dont reply?  That seems to be you methodology....

Scojo you have managed to reap what you have sown.  The people mentioned above have cast slights on you, not major attacks.  In fact the King reference in Gordon strip is brilliant and I would have been proud if he had used a name associated with me.  Si's character currently hasnt had a major role and uses your surname.  These are whats called "in-jokes", not many people get them.  So you are insulted, in real life this happens all the time.  Big deal!
Grow up!!!!

almighty mat

++Arent you the one who stalked a regular female message boarder? ++

Really? Bloody hell, do you mean in real life or over the 'net?

Either way that's pretty ropey.

If Slippo or anyone else cares, Scojo is actually pasting your comments onto the Arguewithscojo forum so he can reply to them there. Ain't the internet grand?

mat

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArgueWithScojo/" target="_blank">Do you care?

Something Fishy

I have to admit that this reference had completely passed me by until Scojo brought attention to it.

Would it not have been better to ignore it Scojo? It takes a bigger man to rise above these things.

Also, as this past year has taught me: in life you have to put things in perspective, some things really don't matter that much.  Does this really matter that much? so much so that you'd deprive yourself of the enjoyment of reading the prog?

Rise above it Scojo.

Slippery PD

++Arent you the one who stalked a regular female message boarder? ++
++Really? Bloody ++

Matt.  Sorta. He almost admits it in ArgueWithScojo.  Cyber.

Anyways Ive read his reply thanks for the heads up.  

The man who is a cornish fish......
Such maturity beyond your years.  Profound very profound.

Scojo.......
Follow fishys advice.  Take it on the chin.  Learn from it and move on.  Ask yourself one question.
Why are you the only person to have been banned from the board?  

yer Slippo  

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Wood

I almost regret cancelling my membership of Argue with Scojo.

Almost.

karne

Valid comments from one and all, but why has no-one just told him to shut up and f**k off!