Main Menu

Slavers of Drule V The Killing - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Long: Game 08

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 August, 2021, 06:29:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

Proper tough one. Slavers of Drule, please. Still love those giant heads, man. And I like the long seeds sown here for Rage, too.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

Last day, last day, what ya gonne do... well vote if you haven't that's what. I'll count up in the morning.

Unlike the other vote this one has two thrills I really like and its a tough call. At the end of the day there's something about the simple blood and guts concept of the the earlier story and so on that basis:

The Killing

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 03 August, 2021, 02:54:36 PM
Quote from: Dog Deever on 03 August, 2021, 11:25:04 AM
I have to say- I really don't get any of this over-complex voting scheme at all. It's incredibly confusing and I never know for sure if I've voted on everything or not. I keep having to go through each thread to see if I've already voted or not.

It gets really tricky when folk start voting in threads that are 'closed' - 'I missed this vote but I would have gone for The Ragnarok Job'. Then suddenly you can have something like twelve voting threads all active, and basically have to go read each one to see if you've voted in it.

If we could add a nice bold addendum to the thread title - Voting closed - then it would help massively.

Hi folks sorry just read these comment properly. I have always been a little worried about doing a round robin tourney for just these reasons and alas I can't change the title I don't think.

I'll run this one as planned but consider whether the format works for any future tourneys I run.

I, Cosh

The story I wrote for school which blatantly ripped off The Killing is the real winner here.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

More of a competition in this one but at the end of the day The Slavers of Drule hasn't got a 'Kill' in its title and so stood no real change in this group so the result of

The Killing

means they go into the final round of matches in a very strong place to grab the group.With Slavers and Stone Killers fighting it out for a play-off place.

The Killing              6    27
Slavers of Drule    3    8
Stone Killers          3    -7
Galaxy Killers        0    -28

Dog Deever

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 August, 2021, 06:33:25 AM

What do the columns of numbers represent again (and how come some of them are in minus)?
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dog Deever on 06 August, 2021, 09:47:48 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 August, 2021, 06:33:25 AM

What do the columns of numbers represent again (and how come some of them are in minus)?

I was trying to get away with not doing column headers cos the alignment would be tricky and I struggle with the table function. The left column is points (3 for a win, 1 for a draw 0 if you lose) and the other column is votes difference. So in each vote if you win 10 - 5 you are +5. If you lose 5 - 10 you are -5.

I'll try to make it clearer....

Funt Solo

Thanks, Colin - you put a lot of work into this.

If you did want to use the table code, it would look like this:

The Killing  27
Slavers of Drule  8
Stone Killers  -7
Galaxy Killers  -28

It's far from perfect - tables in bbcode without access to css (web style code) generally look a bit pants, and I had to type some spaces in by hand to get it to look less cramped.

Replacing all the square brackets in my code with curly brackets, it looks like this (and you can see where I've typed spaces - 3 each - after each story title and after the first number in each row):

{table}
{tr}{td}The Killing  {/td} {td}6  {/td} {td}27{/td}{/tr}
{tr}{td}Slavers of Drule  {/td} {td}3  {/td} {td}8{/td}{/tr}
{tr}{td}Stone Killers  {/td} {td}3  {/td} {td}-7{/td}{/tr}
{tr}{td}Galaxy Killers  {/td} {td}0  {/td} {td}-28{/td}{/tr}
{/table}

Basically, {tr}...{/tr} encompasses an entire row of information and {td}...{/td} is a single cell inside a row. Each row needs the same number of cells, so that your columns line up. (If you do anything wrong, then when you press "Post" it pretty much poops itself and deletes almost everything.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Oh, and with headings:

Story TitlePoints   Vote Diff.
The Killing627
Slavers of Drule   38
Stone Killers3-7
Galaxy Killers0-28

I'm noticing that to achieve spacing between columns, I only need to add spaces after the longest title, and after the words "Points" in the header row.

The printable version ({} not square) looks like this:

{table}
{tr}{td}{b}Story Title{/b}{/td} {td}{b}Points   {/b}{/td} {td}{b}Vote Diff.{/b}{/td}{/tr}
{tr}{td}The Killing{/td} {td}6{/td} {td}27{/td}{/tr}
{tr}{td}Slavers of Drule   {/td} {td}3{/td} {td}8{/td}{/tr}
{tr}{td}Stone Killers{/td} {td}3{/td} {td}-7{/td}{/tr}
{tr}{td}Galaxy Killers{/td} {td}0{/td} {td}-28{/td}{/tr}
{/table}
++ A-Z ++  coma ++