Main Menu

The Cursed Earth vehicle Corgi toy

Started by Rob1971, 10 May, 2004, 05:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

Still got mine in its box,with soldiers and missiles.
Top toy.

and you have an ebay account! that must be tempting or do you think  this fine wine is yet to reach full maturity $$$$$$$$$$ :~>
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Smiley

Every kid who had that toy wondered whether the launcher could be made deadlier by replacing the spring with one from a clicky biro, or devised a way of making it fire matches. True fact.

+rufus+

I've jpged an image of Carlos's pack art for the corgi toys to wake, so you should see it tomorrow!
Rufus

Floyd-the-k

It`s a good question Gordon. I think the real reason is that if they`d done that, the thing would have been over in four progs at the most.
  Why don`t the bad guys ever just put a bullet through James Bond`s head?

ming

Quite.  I mean 'The Cursed Earth Saga' has a a much better ring to it than 'The Cursed Earth 2-Pager'.

tooty frooty!
tooty frooty!

Moose

Perhaps Cal sent Dredd to MC2 just to get him out of the way before offing Clarence Goodman. Also, wasn't Dredd just getting a sample of the vaccine through to be replicated on his arrival? This suggests that everyone in MC2 who survived was incredibly thick though. Funny that they had the plague, but couldn't come up with a vacine, but MC1 just happened to sort one out from the other side of the continent. Then again, perhaps I was 10 when i last read the Cursed Earth.....

Wake

Image provided by Rufushttp://www.2000ad.org/artwork/CEboxes.JPG">

Tiplodocus

Floyd, I've often wondered if bullets are really expensive in Japan.

In YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (one of the best Bonds, imho) they actually have him tied up and unconscious and instead of shooting him, they put him in a plane and tie him up and then fly him up into the air (with sexy flame haired evil temptress beind the stick) and then attempt to kill him by crashing the plane.*

I know the rebuilding programme after the war must have been hard but that is one fecked up economy where a Cessna is cheaper than a 9mm slug.

Or maybe it was just because Roald Dahl wrote it?

Back on topic - I think I had the missile launching thing with the Carlos art.  Toys should be worth more IF they've been played with.

Gordon - would you feel comfortable owning up to the biggest "willing suspension of disbelief" or "the readers will never notice this makes no sense" that you have perpetrated in your career?  Go on, please!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S
*Bond escapes, just in case you wondered.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

House of Usher

There's one of those corgi lasertron things for sale on eBay at the moment, if anyone's interested.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=757&item=4210261029&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW" target="_blank">Corgi vehicle on eBay

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

Hmm. That was overpriced!

You know the Matchbox Adventure 2000 series? Take a look at completed items. It seems you can't even give them away!
STRIKE !!!

Jared Katooie

"The airborne debris preventing flight over the curse earth seems to get forgetten later on as well, possibly on the grounds of it being (a) too silly or (b) damn inconvenient."

Heh. Last seen in missionary man when he ended up walking miles across the cursed with a bunch of eejits. At least he had a better reason for doing it.

Floyd-the-k

Tiplodocus, I laughed at your spoiler!
  It`s a little known fact that Japan`s gun-control program is so effective that a cessna, complete with sexy flame-haired evil temptress is indeed much more cost-effective than a bullet.
  Also, did you know that if you dye your eyebrows black and say `arigatou` in a thick Scottish accent, Japanese people will think you are Japanese and pay no attention to the fact that you are about two feet taller than all of them? (my wife laughed so much at Connery`s Japanese she almost fell off her chair).
  I realise this is off topic, but it may come in handy some day

Floyd

evil lair
under fake volcano
Japan

Smiley

Corgi Board Meeting, 1979 -

"Let's see now, this one fires rockets so we'll call it... Rocketron, and this one's got a laser so we'll call it... Lasertron. Blimey, this is hard work..."

Thread Zero

Why didn't the MC-1 Judges just pile over to MC-2 in a fleet of H-Wagons and land in the sectors still held by MC-2 forces, or even in the Cursed Earth, on the outskirts of the city?

No, no, no - there's a perfectly straightforward answer. All you have to do is apply the wonder of RET-CON, the latest thing from the colonies.  All the American comics are using it, you know.

Obviously, Judge Cal is in charge of the scheme.  He wants to get Dredd out of the way, so he arranges for him to be sent on a suicide mission with a tiny team (one of whom is on the verge of cracking up) in a supposedly indestructable tank that he's really had copied from an old Matchbox toy.

When the scheme fails, he is forcede to resort to Plan B - to wit, Shooting Dredd Through The Head.

Smiley

Plan B - to wit, Shooting Dredd Through The Head.

That would be Plan C, if Plan B was the robot Dredd and Plan A was indeed the Cursed Earth mission, which still doesn't account for the genius of what would be Plan D which is Cal telling everyone Dredd had a mum (!)or plan XYZ which was whatever he was thinking up while Goodman had that gonk stuck to his head.

This is why American comics are in trouble.