Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prog 1389  (Read 2168 times)

Max Kon

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Prog 1389
« Reply #45 on: 15 May, 2004, 08:21:06 PM »
i loved chopper and lowlife.
dredd was ok.

Sadly Ahab and savage are thrill less. Though i am prepared to wait and see.

philt

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 May, 2004, 10:42:43 PM »
Dredd - na filler. can't stick John McCrea's art
Savage - mmm
AHAB - given up on this
Low Life - I see we've been introduced to the supporting cast - we'll see where this goes
Chopper - I hope something is going to happen soon...

nice line in the nerve centre concerning McGruder being full of spunk though...

Endjinn

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
    • Thrash Hits
« Reply #47 on: 16 May, 2004, 12:20:48 AM »
Cover: I think this is my joint favourite of the year so far, along with sotD.

Dredd: J-Bo mentioned Hitman earlier - this strip seemed almost a carbon copy of the mob funeral McRea did for that. Not overly impressed, but I think that's more down to being bored of one-offs, rather than Rennie's script.

Savage: The Monroe dialogue was clumsy. Took a re-read to get to grips with it. Loved the "Bill tooling up" sequence at the end, even if those phospherous-tar things seem like a rubbish idea. And Krustabi: Savage's sister married Noddy as he works in the Volg Security department and she's obviously using him as a source of info and an unwitting deliverer to Bill.

A.H.A.B: The thrill I was expecting least from before the assault started has humbled me. This was awesome. The double page intro for Kohenyu, and A.H.A.B's downright nastiness make this the highlight of the prog.

Low Life: Alan Moore returns to the prog! I'm liking this too - it's creeping up slowly. I've got a decent conspiracy theory about where this one's going, but in case I'm completely wrong I'm not going to post it as I'm bound to look like a tit.

Chopper: I can see what Wagner's trying to do by having it jump backwards and forwards in time, but while the art in part 1 meant this was a smooth and natural transition, here it just felt clumsy.