Main Menu

Prog 1389

Started by Mangamax, 10 May, 2004, 06:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

No, but it made me laugh.

Krustabi

Dredd: Bad. That's all. Oh, and "Spic"? What's all that about?

Savage: This has "crossed the line" into the realms of badness. Why would his sister marry a retard? Rubbish. Good art though, and next week we finally get to see Savage use the dark matter shotgun. He will not think it to many.

A.H.A.B: Can't fault this.More Nigel Kitching please.

Low Life: Scary villain introduced.This is surpassing my original expectations. Is the humour going to get any darker?

Chopper: Brilliant. The ending was tragicomic in the best sense, and the whole story looks incredibly ominous. Chopper's downfall seems inevitable, and it's actually quite upsetting. Great Art
CYNICISM ON: Chop does seem to be doing this as part of his mid-life crisis though...

Overall: Worth reading just for Chopper and AHAb

Jared Katooie

"GET THEE TO A HITMAN TRADE PAPERBACK, SATAN"

Damn right! Best comic ever, bar none.

Satanist

Dredd:Poor.They know Dredds about but decide to start a shootout anyway?Time for another multi-parter methinks.

Savage:I quite like this & now the backstory has been set after only three episodes maybe it can start for real.

Ahab:I'm really enjoying this.Good plot,Great art & some major violence.

Low Life:The Satanist thinks this is good.

Chopper:It just seems to get better every week.I fear for my thrill circuits next week.

Nice cover,Inputs here but no Droid Life.

I gotta say this is the best line up the progs had in ages.Can you imagine if this line up had Brothers of the Blood as the Dredd tale.That wouldve made one awesome prog.

8/10 (points off for Dredd!Can you believe that?)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bolt-01

My 10 creds.

Cover: Awesome! Solid figurework, dynamic and the logo pedants are pleased too!

Dredd: So-so story, but the art wasn't to my taste. I used to like John McCreas earlier stuff but this screamed "Mark Badger!" all the way through.

AHAB: Rocks.

Low-life: Rocks. I reckon the baddie is that judge with the glasses from last week.

Savage: Rocks.

Chopper: Rocks, swoops and swirls. That Boy has been tricked hasn't he?

Overall: This is why I've been reading for more years than anything else in my life.

Bolt-01

Art

For an expository, this-is-whats-actually-going-on, flashback type episode Chopper is really quite incredibly rocking isn't it? Definitely this assaults highlight.

chimp

Dredd - pointless
Ahab - Great, lovely double page spread, does this mean no collection?
Lowlife - Lovely art, obviously, nothing much interesting happening storywise, it's fun, but with things like The Shield on telly and Gotham Central in comics it's not exactly state of the art crime. Still solid stuff.
Savage - Really liking this, wish it didn't prompt words like 'retard' on the forum, but that's not Pat's fault.
Ahab - oh this is good. It's not made me question my personal outlook on life but it's making me want the next prog.
Chopper - Pretty good, but I'd rather John Wagner did this sort of crime thing with a more contemporary setting. Shame Chopper grew up to look like a cheesy soap actor, I guess that's what hapopens when you spend too much time in Oz.

Tiplodocus

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I enjoyed the prog but was disappointed by a very formulaic DREDD.

CHOPPER just has it in spades though. That Merci and her Mum, they are bad 'uns reeling Chopper in on some evil scheme and no mistake.  Best bit for me - when she describes her Mum as someone who makes a bloke's eyes pop out and I turn to the last page and my eyes pop out.

LOWLIFE is putting along nicely (I liked the hit at the beginning) but I suspect there will be some disappointment when the villain is revealed.

AHAB - actually the Moby Dick stuff is distracting me but it's an otherwise cracking yarn.

SAVAGE is actually pretty enjoyable stuff as far as I'm concerned even if so far it has all been a bit of baclstory. Mills being an explaining bastard I'm used to but this is entertaining as well. Who'd have thunk?.

Letters - did anybody write in anything negative about the SHAUN OF THE DEAD strip by the way. Was I the only one that didn't like it?  
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dudley

Dredd - GREAT (if it had been printed in 1984)

A.H.A.B. - Continues to intrigue: I can't say I've made up my mind, but then I have this strange condition that stop me from responding in hivemind-approved ways to Elson's art.

Savage - How can you not like this?  I hate 95% of Mills' work, but so far this is pure GOLD.  Adlard's doing a stand-up job, too.

Low Life - great art, liked the "we are controlling your mind" hit, not so sure about the whacky gang of friends, hmm, wait n see.  Could be good schlock or bad attempt at gold.

Chopper - perfect.

Cover - pretty much snoozeworthy.  I don't think Elson does very good covers - too many tertiary colours.

Al_Ewing

Top thrill is AHAB, easy.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

JamieB

I'm loving SAVAGE, too. Next ep's a doozy :)

J-Bo-1

The Monarch

Damn right! Best comic ever, bar none.

Cough starman cough

dredd: not gordons best but passable i guess.

A.H.A.B now it is getting my attention. not the best in the prog but i am enjoying it.

Low-life: still can't get into it the undercover judge thing has been done better in other strips.

Chopper: brilliant

Savage: enjoying it.

Smiley

Best panel - not Jug's funeral, nor Savage gettin' the toys aht, or the GINORMOUS ELSON-BEASTIE SPREAD, but that one where AHAB goes "Nasty business". Perfect villain in a nutshell moment.

Tanks next week.

W. R. Logan

>I'm loving SAVAGE, too.

Now children let this be a lesson to you. Never repeatedly hit yourself over the head with a hard backed graphic novel as it may cause irreparable brain damage.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

W. R. Logan

Dredd ? Not the greatest story or art but not the worst ever to appear either, so its filler, enjoyable if instantly forgettable.

Ahab ? Starting to enjoy this now, gotten used to Elson?s artwork but will more than likely read this again in one go when it?s over.

Lowlife ? The dogs dangly bits, love it, simple as that.

Savage ? Please put the shotgun in my mouth and pull the trigger now.

Chopper ? Great art, Goddard & Teague are definitely ?the? art team on Tharg?s books. Really enjoying seeing Chopper being written by Wagner again and some nice graffiti in the background.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>