Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 20 November, 2010, 08:59:23 PM
The Real IRA allegedly threaten to blow up banks and bankers:

So?, they also deal drugs and shoot people. Once a killer, always a killer, the victim doesn't matter in either case, only that they believe they're right.

House of Usher

Never let a crisis go to waste as it allows you to do things that you were previously unable to do.

The Tory cuts agenda in a nutshell.
STRIKE !!!

vzzbux

Gerry Adams is no threat to this country, the vast majority of people only tolerate him for his involvement in the peace process but not as a political leader.

Sorry and Gerry Adams shouldn't be placed in the same paragraph as peace. Fucking murdering bastard.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: vzzbux on 20 November, 2010, 11:07:29 PM
Gerry Adams is no threat to this country, the vast majority of people only tolerate him for his involvement in the peace process but not as a political leader.

Sorry and Gerry Adams shouldn't be placed in the same paragraph as peace. Fucking murdering bastard.

I'm not sure where you got the "Sorry" from but whatever you think of the man and his unforgivable actions, without him there wouldn't have been a peace process. His secret talks with the British and Irish governments unbeknownst to his own party Sinn Fein/I.R.A. down though the years led to the Stormont talks. Don't be naive, even villains and I include all sides, have their role. The unfortunate this is both the political elites and the paramilitaries -especially on the Loyalist side- had an unspoken agreement -Final Solution- to increase the violence in Nothern Ireland so much, that the people would become so sick of it that peace talks would be forced through.

vzzbux

And should be a comma fuck knows what happened there.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: House of Usher on 20 November, 2010, 09:30:12 PM
Never let a crisis go to waste as it allows you to do things that you were previously unable to do.

The Tory cuts agenda in a nutshell.

The same thing applies here as well :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/financialcrisis/8147913/IMFs-Dominique-Strauss-Kahn-wants-fiscal-and-reform-powers-given-to-Europe.html

Whats this i hear about the setting up of a centralised EUSSR governing organisation runned by the IMF etc that will decide monetary/fiscal policy of the EUSSR free from the influence of individual EUSSR member states ??

Central banking/planning you cant trust.Create the crisis as the pretext to centralise power.Just what i am expecting.

How is it possible that Strauss Khan is a possible French presidential candidate while being connected to the IMF ?

No thank you
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

Pope says condoms okay but only for male prostitutes!

Earth calling Pope - what's it like on your planet?
STRIKE !!!

JOE SOAP

Well we don't want all the boys in the Vatican gettin' AIDS now do we.

SmallBlueThing

This just seems like a not-so cunning plan to further "criminalise" condoms in the eyes of the devout. As in, "you've bought condoms Georgio O'Murphy? What are you- a male prostitute?!" Never underestimate the Evil of Ratzinger.

SBT

Roger Godpleton

Today, artistic freedom died.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

The Legendary Shark

This morning's email to my MP:

Subject: The Completely Unnecessary Irish Bailout

Dear Mrs Fullbrook,

Ireland will print 100bn Euros worth of bonds/gilts.

These will be used as collateral against a100bn Euro loan from the IMF (a private bank).

The IMF (a private bank) will create the "required" 100bn Euros OUT OF NOTHING by simply pressing a button.

With interest added, Ireland will have to pay back up to 125bn Euros to the IMF (a private bank).

The IMF (a private bank) is therefore not lending Ireland 100bn Euros but extracting 25bn Euros from Ireland.

The Bank of England (another private bank) is joining in this rape by also creating £7bn to lend to Ireland for a profit. This £7bn will also be created OUT OF NOTHING and the profits will not go to the UK but to the PRIVATE SHAREHOLDERS OF THE BANK OF ENGLAND.

This is monstrous.

The solution is simple:

If Ireland can print 100bn Euros worth of gilts/bonds - it can print 100bn Euros worth of its own currency. Allowing Ireland to print 100bn Euros worth of currency gives Ireland 100bn Euros worth of currency to spend into its economy at virtually no cost and with NO PRIVATE BANKERS TO PAY BACK.

Forcing Ireland to print 100bn Euros worth of bonds/gilts costs Ireland 125bn Euros and succeeds only in generating 125bn Euros worth of straight profit for the IMF (a private bank) whilst further impoverishing Irish society to the tune of over 1,250bn Euros. (Impoverishing Ireland to this extent will, amongst other things, cause further decline by requiring higher taxes of its people, allowing high street banks to create up to 10x the 100bn Euro loan in fractional reserve lending bubbles, decline of public services and infrastructure and the withdrawal of real foreign investment.)

How can my government justify this wholesale rape of our closest neighbour?

Mrs Fullbrook, please, please, please oppose this vile transaction.

If you do not oppose it, I should love to know on what grounds you and my government can defend this "bail out" and why you think it's justified.

I hope you do not simply ignore me again (that's getting old) and will actually try to understand what's going on here and respond honestly and truthfully to my concerns. It's only a matter of time before the IMF (a private bank) comes after Britain as well.

Yours in very deep concern,

Etc., etc.

Wonder if she'll reply?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Old Tankie

I know you're the expert on this, Shark, and I'm sure what you're saying is correct but I think I might have an even simpler solution.  Why don't the Irish borrow as much as they possibly can, from any governments/banks and any other mugs out there who're prepared to lend them money and then just default?  It's been done many times before.  Argentina defaulted in the early '90s and the last time I looked on a map Argentina was still there!  It doesn't seem to have fallen into a black hole and the population doesn't appear to be starving!  Problem solved for the Irish.

There'll be a bit of whining for a few months by the governments/banks who've been striped up, but it will soon be forgotten and the merry-go-round will just start again.

The Legendary Shark

That's when all the countries with central banks (ie, all of them) impose crippling sanctions on Ireland, refuse to lend them more money, declare them a rogue state, pour money into "financial wolves" (the Central Banks' economic and political subversion agents) and repurpose NATO troops as debt collectors.

Seriously, though, that is an excellent idea. If every country with a national debt (192 out of 196) simply defaulted, the only people to suffer would be a handful of Central Bankers. (And then only by not having any more billions rolling in. They'd most likely find ways to keep hold of the trillions they've already swindled off us, but that's a matter for the courts.) There would still be crops in the fields, oil in the wells, water in the resevoirs and wool on the sheep.  Each country could then go back to creating and controlling its own money supply and the problem would be solved.

As I keep saying, the solution to the "world financial crisis" is, at its core, very simple indeed. Defaulting is one of those simple solutions*.

*However, there are levels of defaulting. I would completely agree with defaulting on loans of created money from the central banks. As that money never existed in the first place, the repayments would not be missed. Members of the public, however, who have purchased government bonds, gilts or national savings certificates (for example) using money they've earned or saved MUST be repaid by the government. As this repayment will be made with new, debt-free, government created money the fact that these repayments represent a loss to the government under the old system suddenly becomes a bonus as it helps to reintroduce debt-free money into the economy.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]