Main Menu

INJ Culbard or Edmund Bagwell - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 30

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 June, 2021, 06:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Arrrrhh is it rude not to vote in your own tourney? I mean I don't normally get to and have relished being able to vote in this one BUT damnit I now see the pain I inflict on you folks day in day out.

These two both inexcusably went out in the first rounds of their respective tourneys something that baffles me as they are both amongst my all time favourites. Frankly I can't be bothered to introduce this one as I'm about to hide under a table and rocky slowly back and forth until I've found a way to score this...

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

INJ Culbard- more info

OR

Edmund Bagwell - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Monday 14th June

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

BPP

Holy balls it's tough. The art on the return of indigo prime was next level stuff but then I'm a sucker for an Uber-stylist

Aaaaaagh.

3-2 to Bagwell for probably the most impressive hiatus-breaking art in 2000ads history.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Magnetica

Colin YNWA

Yeah and then contrast that with the close down to earth brutality of Cradlegrave and this is why I have such a problem with this one. INJ is an unqualified genius that can master all world's, portray all human condiction with subtly yet clarity and as a stunning ground yet unworldly design sense.

Edmund Bagwell on the other hand is an unqualified genius that can master all world's, portray all human condiction with subtly yet clarity and as a stunning ground yet unworldly design sense.

AlexF

Brink and Brass Sun are two of my fave ever series, in large part because of Culbard's work. But based on sheer spectacle and that tingly feeling you get sometimes when you see certain images...
Cradlegrave, I'm looking mostly at you...

it's gonna swing Bagwell's way for me.

Bagwell 3, Culbard 2

Tomwe

I've not read Cradlegrave. But recognise Bagwell/Perryman's talent.
Ian has drawn some of my fave strips since I returned to the prog in 2015.

INJ Culbard- 4
Edmund Bagwell - 1

DrJomster

Culbard 4 Bagwell 1 for me. Don't get me wrong though, they're both great.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

abelardsnazz

Edmund drew Cradlegrave, one of the single greatest stories in Tooth's history in my opinion. Ian has done sterling work on Brink and Brass Sun.

Edmund Bagwell 3, INJ Culbard 2.

Colin YNWA

Super quiet this one, but then the boards been quiet this month. Even so the show must go on and I'll be closing this one down  in the morning and count up and announce the result. This one is vital too as it will determine which team will go into the final week and last two ties with a lead!

Shame then that its such a tight one. I'm utterly stumped but can't do the 2 : 2 score used a couple of times. I've said down thread how much I admire both of these. In the end end though it comes down to the slimest margins and the simple fact that I enjoy the 'simpler' style more generally and what both artist do INJ seems to do with fewer lines. On that, tiniest of margins I go:

INJ Culbard 3 : Edmund Bagwell 2

Sean SD

paddykafka

Quote from: Sean SD on 13 June, 2021, 11:59:45 AM
Culbard City 4 - Bagwell United 1

Meanwhile, in Reality Dimension 473, the Baggies give Culbard City a damn good thrashing.

Culbard City (1)- Bagwell United (4)