Main Menu

Smallville heroes

Started by Trout, 28 January, 2008, 11:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

SPOILERS FOR SMALLVILLE ON CHANNEL 4, ON SUNDAYS.

I've managed to catch a few episodes of Smallville lately and I've really enjoyed what I've seen.

Green Arrow's a great character to have in it, and of course it makes good sense that - as a millionaire - he'd know Lex Luthor. I'm none too keen on the high-tech bow and arrows, but his costume is very cool indeed.

But he got me thinking about other DC heroes who may have featured. My experience of Smallville is very limited, but I did see part of one with an Aquaman type in it, and likewise - ages ago - a young Flash.

Are any fans of the show out there able to give me a run-down of the characters I've missed? Apologies for asking here, but I don't want to go trawling any more dedicated fan sites, for fear of spoilers.
I intend to keep watching it on terrestrial TV only, if I can.

Cheers

- Trout

eggonlegs

cyborg, martian manhunter, and the ones you have mentioned- could be a spoiler in there sorry!

House of Usher

That was no Aquaman type. That was Arthur Curry! (Aquaman).
STRIKE !!!

Rio De Fideldo

The Flash also appears. And Supergirl has been signed up

nofuture

the shutdown man

They went from Barry to Bart? That's just silly...
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

the shutdown man

They went from Barry to Bart? That's just silly...

the shutdown man

But then, so is double posting.

Goaty

I do love this scene from Smallville...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiy4Zj8sIAA" target="_blank">love this scene....

The Monarch

A female dc character is appearing in the current series in america (other than Kara) no clue how to do spoilers so thats all I can say really

Mardroid

You can do spoilers like this < spoiler > Blurb < /spoiler > except withought a space between the angled brackets and spoiler word obviously.

I wonder, is it wonderwoman?

eggonlegs

Bico

Black Canary is in one of the newer episodes.  The costume looks a bit naff in the leaked pics from the set.

Aquaman even got his own series pilot.  The show was actually a little bit better than Smallville in some places, such as not having any well-known elements of the character mythology in popular culture to make wince-inducing references to, and it looked like a promising series.  It was never picked up, unfortunately.

the shutdown man

I never really liked Aquaman. Actually, I've never really been a fan of any underwater superheroes. There's something about them that just seems kinda.....crap.

Mardroid

The comic book version of aquaman isn't too bad, although I'm not sure it would translate that well to live action.

I found the 'all american handsome blonde boy' in small-ville a bit corny though. Ok Clark is pretty much all-American too, but he comes across very likeable even so, probably because of his modesty.

I think it's a good thing they didn't create the aquaman series as it would likely turn into a preachy eco-friendly thing, and much as a agree with such messages, it doesn't make for good entertainment if it's heavy handed.