Main Menu

Judge Sweeney

Started by paulvonscott, 28 May, 2008, 08:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

In the general spirit of 'la la la', here's a scan I said to DumbLad I'd do and post up if he wanted, after all I could post it up quite soon.  It was almost 18 months ago....http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/paulvonscott/Sweeney1.jpg">

paulvonscott

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/paulvonscott/Sweeney2.jpg">

Richmond Clements

Superb stuff!

Let the continuity debacle begin!

Dark Jimbo

Ha!

I have fond memories of Sweeney Toddler. Nice to know he read tooth.
@jamesfeistdraws

Bico

I thought this was going to be John Thaw appreciation.

Slags!

The Swee-neeeeee,
The Swee-neeeeeeeee,
Du-du-dudu-duu-du-du-du

lalala

Trout

HAW!

Great stuff. I'm amazed I'd never heard of this strip before. What a gem.

- Trout

maryanddavid

Blast from the past, I had just got out of hospital, (a stay which had got me helplessly hooked on comics)when I got this, Still upstairs somewhere. I loved Tom Pattersons art as a kid, the 'Feed other end' sticker on the arse of most animals that he drew always cracked me up.

Iirc the was a similar 'Dredd' in the Jocks and the Geordies in the Dandy, and one in Excalibre in a story called the 'Cross time capers'

David

Art

Oink did one as well, IIRC.

DavidXBrunt

P.C. Fred, he thinks he's Judge Dredd?

JOE SOAP

ah, the comics of yesteryear.

Nap Normal

I think it's Leo Baxendale or it's somenone copying his style. Anyone remember the Willy The Kid books?
Falling in love makes you fat.

Rio De Fideldo

Brilliant cheers for that Paul. I actually had recently emailed Fleetway Street about this very issue as I only vaguely remembered it and wanted to get the date to search for it on Ebay. The whole thing felt a bit like a fever dream.

M.I.K.

It's not by Baxendale. It's Tom Paterson emulating him. I think that's his signature on the lawn at the bottom of the second page.

I can remember getting that issue.

JayzusB.Christ

'P.C. Fred, he thinks he's Judge Dredd?'

That was in Tom Thug. But they did another one called (I think) Judge Pigg. He ended up eating the perps, in a nice display of cannabalistic mayhem.

You know, I think I remember that Sweeney Toddler strip. Excellent stuff!  Imagine, a toddler reading 2000ad - and us all in our 30s and 40s. (apologies to those who aren't).  
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"