Main Menu

Fiends of the Eastern Front Volume One

Started by davidbishop, 07 December, 2023, 09:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidbishop

My comp copies of this turned up today - publication day, no less! Having been delayed two years by Fiends featuring in the Ultimate Collection, it was nice to finally see this volume.

Contents:
Fiends of the Eastern Front [Prog 152-161], by Gerry Finley-Day & Carlos Ezquerra
Stalingrad [Judge Dredd Megazine 245-252], by David Bishop & Colin MacNeil
1812 [Prog 2100-2105], by Ian Edginton & Dave Taylor
Strange Meeting [2000 AD Sci-Fi Special 2019], by Guy Adams & Dave Kendall
Fodder [2000 AD Free Comic Book Day 2016], by Hannah Berry & DaNi

I'll leave it to others to review the book!

JohnW

Urgent question: have the missing speech bubbles on the first page of Stalingrad (last two panels) been restored?
They were AWOL in the UC.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

broodblik

I looked at the digital version and compared it to the episode released in the meg and it is definitely missing in the digital version
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

davidbishop

Quote from: JohnW on 07 December, 2023, 09:34:15 PMUrgent question: have the missing speech bubbles on the first page of Stalingrad (last two panels) been restored?
They were AWOL in the UC.

Nope. Nor did someone do the kindness of re-lettering the first two episodes of Stalingrad which Colin did himself, using Comic Sans as a font (something he admits was not... the perfect choice).

Sigh.

JohnW

Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Max Headroom

Poor show about the missing speech bubbles - don't they have proof-readers to guard against such things?? On a happier note, I am glad the story 'Fodder' was included and look forward to a volume 2 at some point.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 08 December, 2023, 01:59:55 PMdon't they have proof-readers to guard against such things??

:lol:

(You could probably train an AI to check for anomalies.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

All the text would be correctly spelled, just with words in the wrong order. And everyone would have six fingers. Coming up next Prog in 2000 AIAD.