Main Menu

Judge Dredd fact checking

Started by Cyberleader2000, 21 November, 2018, 03:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

ok so I wright fan fichion which is spelt better than my posts on here XD

ok so I just woke up and had a crossover story idea (this is how I come up with a lot of my ideas) but I know I'm not super berilent on my Judge Dredd knolage so I would like to pick some of your brains to see if it would work.

like would dredd's peak of phickil fitness be after the dark judges, if so when would you say it was?

I know the dark judges have dimechion hoped has it happened any other times?

is there avage amount of ammo judges carrie?

I know theres med judges but do judges normal judges have good medickl train?qing or is it just basick patch work so they can patch themselves up?

is the Arbitrator and lawrod cannon to the comics?

more qustions to come based on the awansers
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Funt Solo

I'm not being deliberately vague when I say that you can just decide the answers to all of these questions based on how well it would fit the narrative of your story.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Frank

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 21 November, 2018, 03:11:30 AM
1/ Would Dredd's peak of physical fitness be after the Dark Judges. If so, when would you say it was?

2/ I know the dark judges have dimension hopped. Has it happened any other times?

3/ Is there an average amount of ammo judges carry?

4/ Do judges normal judges have good medical training? Or is it just basic knowledge, so they can patch themselves up?

5/ Are the Arbitrator and Lawrod cannon to the comics?

1/ Dredd could have claimed to be in great physical health any time between the first appearance of the Dark Judges and Necropolis.

2/ We know nothing of the Dark Judges before their arrival in MC1. They could have gone anywhere and done anything. After they meet Dredd, they're imprisoned in MC1 for most of that time.

3/ Judges carry as much ammo as the writer needs to tell their story.

4/ Judges know whatever the writer needs them to know in order to tell their story.

5/ I've never read about the Arbitrator in the comics, but writers introduce technology when they need it. The Lawrod's been on the side of Dredd's bike since the first image of the first story:  https://i.imgur.com/CmQhAFV.jpg

Good luck with your story.

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Frank on 21 November, 2018, 08:52:39 AM
1/ Would Dredd's peak of physical fitness be after the Dark Judges. If so, when would you say it was?

2/ I know the dark judges have dimension hopped. Has it happened any other times?

3/ Is there an average amount of ammo judges carry?

4/ Do judges normal judges have good medical training? Or is it just basic knowledge, so they can patch themselves up?

5/ Are the Arbitrator and Lawrod cannon to the comics?

1/ Dredd could have claimed to be in great physical health any time between the first appearance of the Dark Judges and Necropolis.

2/ We know nothing of the Dark Judges before their arrival in MC1. They could have gone anywhere and done anything. After they meet Dredd, they're imprisoned in MC1 for most of that time.

3/ Judges carry as much ammo as the writer needs to tell their story.

4/ Judges know whatever the writer needs them to know in order to tell their story.

5/ I've never read about the Arbitrator in the comics, but writers introduce technology when they need it. The Lawrod's been on the side of Dredd's bike since the first image of the first story:  https://i.imgur.com/CmQhAFV.jpg

thanks

hmmmm I guess I worded 2 wrong what i want to know is has any one elses used dimenchion hoping teck thats not perviousily owened by the dark judges

follow up to 1 and 3 what was the dirfince betwen the mark 1 and 2 lawgiver and round what time did it switch?

new qustion I know vegalinties are against the law in the meg but whats the concensus on law enforcement / peace keepers from outher places acting in mega city one?
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

CalHab

I seem to remember the Dark Judges make an interesting leap to a different dimension in last year's New Scientist Christmas issue. Perhaps not the easiest story to track down (mine was lost in a tragic red wine incident).

Frank

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 21 November, 2018, 09:52:11 AM
hmmmm I guess I worded 2 wrong what i want to know is has any one elses used dimenchion hoping teck thats not perviousily owened by the dark judges

follow up to 1 and 3 what was the dirfince betwen the mark 1 and 2 lawgiver and round what time did it switch?

new qustion I know vegalinties are against the law in the meg but whats the concensus on law enforcement / peace keepers from outher places acting in mega city one?

East Meg 1 used dimension tech during The Apocalypse War. Necropolis and the (rubbish) Garth Ennis story Helter Skelter involved MC1's efforts to develop the same capability by studying Dark Judge tech.

The second Lawgiver has a stun function. Not much difference other than that.

Dredd's been shown working alongside visiting judges, but they exercise their power at the discretion of the Chief Judge. The Megazine story Texas City Sting shows a Texas City Deputy CJ refusing to let Dredd operate as a visiting judge, so there's room for you to take whatever angle you like.

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Frank on 21 November, 2018, 10:14:38 AM
Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 21 November, 2018, 09:52:11 AM

East Meg 1 used dimension tech during The Apocalypse War. Necropolis and the (rubbish) Garth Ennis story Helter Skelter involved MC1's efforts to develop the same capability by studying Dark Judge tech.

The second Lawgiver has a stun function. Not much difference other than that.

Dredd's been shown working alongside visiting judges, but they exercise their power at the discretion of the Chief Judge. The Megazine story Texas City Sting shows a Texas City Deputy CJ refusing to let Dredd operate as a visiting judge, so there's room for you to take whatever angle you like.

who was the chife judge after the apokolapse war

so it would tenickly be posible for a civilon to end up with a demichion hopper

ok so outher judges have worked in the meg what about lawenforcment from outher worlds?
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Frank

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 21 November, 2018, 11:14:47 AM

ok so outher judges have worked in the meg what about lawenforcment from outher worlds?

McGruder

Only governments have been shown having access to that kind of tech, but billionaires like Bezos and Musk are doing what only governments could do until a few years ago, so why not.

I can't think of alien cops working in MC1. Trapper Hag showed up saying he was a bonded agent collecting convicted criminals; Dredd's line was that nobody operates in MC1 without the CJ's authorisation. Same with Johnny Alpha.

sheridan

Quote from: Frank on 21 November, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

McGruder

Only governments have been shown having access to that kind of tech, but billionaires like Bezos and Musk are doing what only governments could do until a few years ago, so why not.

I can't think of alien cops working in MC1. Trapper Hag showed up saying he was a bonded agent collecting convicted criminals; Dredd's line was that nobody operates in MC1 without the CJ's authorisation. Same with Johnny Alpha.

Also the Law Lords, who have made appearances in two stories (one at Lawcon, the other a few years back).

Frank

Quote from: sheridan on 21 November, 2018, 04:28:21 PM
Quote from: Frank on 21 November, 2018, 11:28:25 AM

Also the Law Lords, who have made appearances in two stories (one at Lawcon, the other a few years back).

I may have misunderstood (again), but my impression is that Cyberleader was asking if any judges from other territories had been allowed to practice law in MC1.

The Lawlords staged a (very brief) coup from orbit*, but never actually set foot in MC1.

* Cascade, by Carroll & Marshall (1984 - 1899)

JayzusB.Christ

I seem to remember Judgement Day introducing the 'Colt Widowmaker' as a replacement for the outdated Lawrod.  I don't think it's been heard of again, which is fortunate as it sounds silly and (if you'll forgive me for being a virtue-signalling SJW) sexist.  I think Garth even decided that the Lawgiver was a Colt product too.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 21 November, 2018, 11:21:42 PM

I seem to remember Judgement Day introducing the 'Colt Widowmaker' as a replacement for the outdated Lawrod.  I don't think it's been heard of again, which is fortunate as it sounds silly and (if you'll forgive me for being a virtue-signalling SJW) sexist.  I think Garth even decided that the Lawgiver was a Colt product too.

ok so how many outher wepons have justas deparment ishued judges?
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Richard

Jesus Christ, learn to fucking spell.

TordelBack

Ahh Richard, it's just another form of creativity, and Cyberleader is the maestro of this artform.  That last sentence alone, a new thing under the sun! 

JOE SOAP

Cyberleader2000's talent entered fan-lore and made the prog – not many can claim that prize.