Main Menu

Prog 2318: Hag Team!

Started by The Monarch, 06 February, 2023, 02:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Tuesday prog yay!

Dredd: kind of takes a turn this week I kinda wish i saw coming also alien cat thing is def using furball as a standin for fuck

joe pineapples: I actually liked this week mostly due to blackblood as soon as we move away from him it goes meh again

Both the out and the order continue to be great.

I have not read vex mostly cause i am saving that strip for a full read when it ends vex kind of works better read all in one

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The Monarch

oh wow so it is gosh i feel like a twat :lol:

Richard

And it's prog 2318, not 2138.

Can a mod fix that please?

IndigoPrime

Dredd in big, dumb action movie continues to be fun. Pineapples shifted from risible to readable, to some degree. But the best bits feel like a re-run. The Out was all kinds of great. The Order continues to be a lot of interesting ideas, lobbed into a melting pot, and remains (at this point) comprehensible. Proteus Vex was also very, very good.

Still very much a 4:1 Prog for me. I'll be happy when Pineapples ends. I hope The Order wraps up well. I'd happily see Vex and The Out take up semi-permanent residence, but am well aware that's unlikely in modern comics.

The Out > Proteus Vex > Dredd > The Order > Pineapples

broodblik

A good prog with some small deviations.

Dredd – This is a more straight-forward Dredd story heavily focus on action. Dredd use himself as bate to catch the perp.

Joe Pineapples – Still not sure what to get out of the story, we now have upgraded from souls to babies.

The Out – The intrigue continues as we all are left with a few heavy questions of our own but Cyd first needs to get out of her current predicament. Next week will be interesting great way to keep the suspense high.

The Order – We are now back at the crew of the Le Victoire as they fight for their own survival. A good start the finale and hopefully Kek-W can land the ending (always the most difficult thing to do with a long running series)

Proteus Vex – This episode reads like a chapter out of a history book as the focus is on the home planet of the Imperium Ascendant.  Another fight for survival with the odds stack against the Imperium. Great world-building, great story. Really enjoying the series.

Colin YNWA

I actually got a Saturday Prog AND read it on a Saturday but my ongoing issues accessing the Forum from home has meant I'm not posting longer stuff as much as I would normally.... which many would say is a blessing both to folks who live on the Forum and all loves of the English language... but enough about me ... here's MY opinion...

Dredd - Rob Williams does like to show off the fact he's read a lot of old comics and while its fun on occasion I find grating when it feels as forced as this. That said its a fun, energetic Dredd episode with lovely fun energetic Paul Marshal art so should bitch too much.

Joe Pineapples ... I mean the pictures are nice to look at...

The Out takes things a step further and works that magic of having nice pictures with words that drive an exciting, engaging story forward and genuninely thrill. FANTASTIC!

As is The Order which use the same strategy that Uncle Pat seems to be missing. My gosh how is this going to wrap up? I'm genuinely excited to find out.

Proteus Vex is sublime that's all that really needs to be said. Thrilling, smart and telling story in different ways episode to episode which makes it a delight to read in serialised form.... or i could have just left it at sublime...

A comics that 3 3/4 great out of 5 is a good comic indeed. More please.

broodblik

Barrington Boots

I thought this Prog was very Robo-enjoyable

Dredd - Loads of shooting, crazy dialogue, daft jokes, great art, alien callbacks, all round furballing fun. Also good to see Dredd has been smart rather than deploying the one-man-army approach. I'm very much a fan of this week.

Joe Pineapples I rather enjoyed it this week - the stuff about souls did feel a bit forced and we've been here before with the General Public joke but it was nice to see Blackblood back in the Prog and I had fun reading it. At this point I feel if the first three episodes had been cut off the story would have felt a lot tighter and more enjoyable.

The Out Terrific this week, feels like the story is really picking up, bag not too annoying, art is stellar.

The Order Bonkers and fun: art and story combining to capture that old school adventure comic or series feel to me. Extra love for next weeks tagline which also hopefully indicates we won;t immediately shift perspective to another bunch of protagonists. Has the dog spoken before?

Proteus Vex Absolutely rules this week also. Like the way this week is told to enable the story to jump forward whilst accentuating the 'epicness' of events in perhaps a way we wouldn't have got with a more personal battelfield telling. Obviously looks great, loved the planetary defence grid. In your Scorcher face, Tsellest!

All in all, a Prog well worth waiting for. I'm Robo-delighted after reading it.

You're a dark horse, Boots.

norton canes

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 09 February, 2023, 12:10:15 PMI thought this Prog was very Robo-enjoyable

:D

Had fun trying to identify all the Judge Child quest aliens in 'The Hagger they Fall'. Love the little Thing from the Pit. What's the one with the glowing eyes who says "Just like shooting Blorks in a Blucklorp"? And will we see any Jigsaw Disease..?

Sadly, Joe Pineapples suffers a dip after its brief purple patch last week. Cyd takes a toot in The Out - well, can you blame her? Lovely use of hexagons to complement the art. The Order is great but perhaps now lacking the magnificent intricacy its early chapters had in script and art. Hoping for some big 2001-esque conundrum of a conclusion. Proteus Vex rips it up once again though, with the awesome move of compressing an entire chapter's worth of galactic conflict into five pages. 

Magnetica

Great Prog overall.

Maybe I missed it but I thought the Imperium destroyed the Obdurate home world by teleporting a white dwarf star into it -  in this week's episode it says the Scorchers  obliterated the Obdurate system. When was that revealed?

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Magnetica on 11 February, 2023, 12:04:51 AMGreat Prog overall.

Maybe I missed it but I thought the Imperium destroyed the Obdurate home world by teleporting a white dwarf star into it -  in this week's episode it says the Scorchers  obliterated the Obdurate system. When was that revealed?

At the request of the Imperium, the Scorchers created the technology to teleport the star!