Main Menu

John Smith!

Started by JimBob, 13 August, 2002, 05:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBob

I'm enjoying retro blast but what I miss is a solid meaty strip, ie Firekind, Tyranny Rex, Indigo Prime to back up the current vibe.
 I'm loving VC's and Dredd, but when Smith is writing in a concise manner (ie no scarab) he is the boy. Looking forward to the new Devlin Waugh, but hoping it's a tightly run strip, as wasn't keen on the herod story.
 On the subject of wants, the black and white McNeil work on Shimuira and the space judges story ( i remember it really strongly but strangely  not the name) in the megazine was excellent, any chance of a long b & W Smith story any time soon?

JimBob  

Slippery PD

Wasnt the space judges the Corps???  but that was in tooth IIRC.

There was also the demolition squad (???), the disaster rescue team of judges, all afforded drink drugs etc.  Coz theyre life span was so short.  That was in the meg....

Two similarish strips.....

Jim_Campbell

"Wasnt the space judges the Corps??? but that was in tooth IIRC."

There _was_ also a space judges series by Morrison and McNeil in the Meg - I, too, can't remember the name of the series, but it wasn't too bad.

Apart from the crappy acronym Morrison came up with to call his space judges the S.T.A.R Patrol (or something like that).

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

davidbishop

There were two space judges strips.

The Corps (by Ennis & MacNeil) in 2000 AD, Progs 918-923 (1994).

Maelstrom (by Robbie Morrison & MacNeil) in the Megazine, 2.73-2.80 (1995).

The demolition squad story was Holocaust 12 by John Smith, Chris Standley & Jim Murray, in Megazine 3.20-3.23. A second helping added Clint Langley on art, Megazine 3.29-3.33.

davidbishop

JimBob

I was thinking of Maelstrom. MacNeils B & W was great on that and Shimura