Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 22 May, 2016, 06:22:20 PM
Just heard Stephen Prestwood has died.

Oh Davey...

This is unbearable news. A new thread for him as well I think.

Jim_Campbell

Goddammit. I've been following reports of Stephen's rapidly deteriorating health on Facebook with growing dismay. I'm so sorry for his friends and family. What an utterly terrible week, in an utterly terrible year. I was sort of hoping the awful news about Logan might give us Stephen back... if only for balance.

Fucking 2016. Seriously.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Hawkmumbler

What absolutely horrid news, I adored Stephens input to the small press scene and Zarjaz, what a tragic loss and my thoughts to his family and friends.

I must echo Jims sentiments. 2016, fuck off.

TordelBack

Ah feck that. Tragedy upon tragedy. Such a distinctive style across so many small press titles. Sincere sympathies to his family and friends, and to all those here who worked with him creatively.

The Legendary Shark

My heartfelt condolences to all Stephen's family and friends. Sad, sad news.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Something Fishy

Very sad news.  RIP.

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

von Boom

Such sad news. RIP.

paddykafka

My condolences to all. RIP.

Heath C Ackley

Terrible news again. R.I.P. Stephen.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Ghost MacRoth

Burt Kwouk, Cato from the Pink Panther films among many other roles.   Friends of mine worked with him on 'Last of the Summer Wine', and had so many tales and anecdotes of just how funny a man he was, loved a good filthy joke, always ready for some pranks on the crew, and a pleasure to be around in general.   :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Rately

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 24 May, 2016, 03:06:16 PM
Burt Kwouk, Cato from the Pink Panther films among many other roles.   Friends of mine worked with him on 'Last of the Summer Wine', and had so many tales and anecdotes of just how funny a man he was, loved a good filthy joke, always ready for some pranks on the crew, and a pleasure to be around in general.   :(

Grew up on the Pink Panther movies. Could have watcched them all day long, and to this day, if i need a bit of cheering up, the Peter Sellers Lift outtake still makes me cry with laughter.

Sad news.

HdE

Gutted to hear about Bertie O' Kwouk (a he's always been known at HdE Towers since his riverdancing on the Harry Hill television Programme) but at least 85 is a good innings.

Also, belatedly, it's gut wrenching to hear the news about Stu Perkins and Stephen Prestwood. The latter hits especially hard, as I have pages of Steven's that I lettered which I show to people fairly regularly. An unbelievable loss. I struggle to put into words how his passing makes me feel.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

JayzusB.Christ

To be honest I wasn't familiar with Mr Prestwood, not being a regular reader of the small press comics.  Sorry to hear of his passing though, and condolences to everyone who knew him.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 17 May, 2016, 05:06:16 PM
Was due to go see them again in a few weeks, as they were due to support Blaze Bayley in Winchester (he loves them, they've supported him twice before) and chose not to go to this one as a result of that. Wish I'd gone now.

Well, a few of us went along to the gig tonight. A few = me, the rest of Chris's band, plus a few of the rest of us. Amazing - Blaze, in his encore, took the time to express his reaction to the news and dedicated a song to Chris. The look on the guys faces as they realised what was being done was amazing, and we just stood in the middle of the crowd in front of Blaze while he sang. Amazing. Humbling.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?