Main Menu

Meg "free gn" suggestions?

Started by mogzilla, 01 May, 2010, 12:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

i would like to see a collection of the metro dredd's maybe with "regime change" thrown in?

Jared Katooie

The Scrap, Roadkill, or Chiarascuro.

Three of my top five thrills of all time there.

TordelBack

The currently scheduled line-up looks like another of Tharg's little April Fools.

Grant Goggans

Actually, I'm surprised they haven't done Brit-Cit Babes yet.

No, it isn't very good, but it is Wagner, with a Bolland cover.

radiator

Brit-Cit Babes is coming with Meg 299.

radiator

I've already posted them elsewhere (more than once), but as we now have a specific thread, I'll suggest:

Mercy Heights
Mercy Heights II
I Was A Teenage Tax Consultant (think that's creator-owned, though)
Strontium Dogs: Return of the Gronk/The Darkest Star
Durham Red: High Moon/Deals/Night of the Hunters
Rogue Trooper: Blue on Blue up to Rogue Troopers
Holocaust 12
Mega Citizens collection (Max Normal solo stories, Juliet November and others)
Purgatory (to coincide with Dredd: Inferno in the Case Files)

Richard

Not sure why they bothered with Raptaur this month when it's going to reprinted in the next Case File volume in about 4 months.

Brit Cit Babes was quite good.

Purgatory is a good idea, but the Case Files aren't due to get up to there for a while yet.

TordelBack

Now why doesn't Tharg get Radiator to pick these things?  That's a list I'd actually be enthusiastic about.

Mike Gloady

I'd prefer Radiator's picks to *choke* Brit-Cit Babes (Bolland cover and, er, that's it), Raptaur (so we don't have to wait a few months) and the funting sneckwiping almighty-skev-up that was Armageddon: The Bad Man (plain awful).

I want to live in Radiator-land.  *clicks heels together*
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

radiator

Oh, I'd add Downlode Tales to my list - I know it was raised as a possibility in the podcast interview.

I can't remember how many episodes of DT there were - ISTR there were quite a few, but if it's too long for a single issue they could spread it over two or three volumes and fill the remaining space with Sinister/Dexter tales that have been skipped over in the proper collections.

And how about The Bendatti Vendetta?

There's a lot of scope for niche Dredd collections like the Bad Manners one a while back, or there would be if it weren't for the Case Files making them a little redundant - themed Mrs. Gunderson, Angel of Mercy and Slick Dickens compilations would be pretty sweet.

And what about Helltrekkers? I've never read it - dimly recall that it doesn't have many fans - but it's Wagner and Grant isn't it? Did the Meg already reprint it?

A proper Missionary Man trade has been suggested - I think one is scheduled for the US line for next year (presumably because of the Quitely artwork) - but if one doesn't materialize in the UK there's enough (popular) material there to fill plenty of Meg collections.

And what about material from outside 2000ad? I can't remember exactly what Rebellion does and doesn't own, but perhaps that is an avenue that could be explored? There's also Judge Dredd vs Predator and Judge Dredd Vs Lobo - two strips I'd like to see again but which wouldn't get a chance in the main trades, but again there's a rights issue there.

Kerrin

Quote from: radiator on 02 May, 2010, 07:34:45 PMAnd what about Helltrekkers? I've never read it - dimly recall that it doesn't have many fans - but it's Wagner and Grant isn't it? Did the Meg already reprint it?

Yep, already reprinted, encountered it on my recent trawl through the Megs.

Jim_Campbell

I wouldn't say no to a collection of The Inspectre, basically because I seem to have lost my comps!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

The Monarch

downlode tales is far too long for one of those...

personally I would prefer a proper gn with them in there. Call it downlode tales: Lock and lode and stick an introduction which says "Yeah this is all the awesome shit that was missing from eurocrash because we had a researcher who was too thick to realise this was the continuation of sinister dexter."

I'll buy several copies and might track down sinster dexter gns after the first three...

as for the meg

I want

Dead ringers (that meg story where Dredd goes on a second mini judge child quest type story)

The rest of the ennis strontium dogs stories

the straightjacket fits (though I suspect there isn't enough of them for one)

Middenface mcnulty (the original first meg series though I would love the later "young" stories as a gn)

son of mean (we've been promised it for ages I want it!)

More armitage collections

tyranny rex (in an ideal world this would be a gn...)

purgatory

and I am so gonna get booed for this but....Mark millars robohunter. Yes it is awful but I want to wave it in my american friends faces who seem to love Mark Millar and refuse to believe he wrote anything bad.

pauljholden

I know I've suggested this before, but I'll have another go:

Use the reprint as a free kids comic - reprint material that is age appropriate (say, with the lead strip being Banzai Battalion) and cherry pick a lot of the stuff that's never really had a chance before (Bonzo beyond the stars). Add in some editorial from Tharg and then present as a gift for parents to give to their kids - I'm pretty sure a good section of the readership a) will enjoy those reprints anyway, b) have kids they can pass it on to.

-pj