Main Menu

CAN YOU BE AN AMBASSADOR FOR 2000AD?

Started by Kev Levell, 08 October, 2010, 10:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kev Levell

Can you actually help to build positive awareness of the brand? Can you be a reasoned, level headed and articulate individual who simply advocates the good things about the galaxy's greatest comic, The Meg and it's associated merchandise?

Look at the efforts of CF, the ECBTT guys, FutureQuake, The Legendary Shark, Wake and Pete Wells for ingenious forms of promotion.

Ask yourself what you've done for the comic you claim to love so much.

In fact, as a fan of 2000ad your primary goal should be to do whatever you can to be supportive - even if that only means simply buying the comic each week and not denigrating it.

In the www, in meat space and within the confines of this forum, it should be the aim of everyone to show what is so cool about 2000ad.

uncle fester

Ooh, now there's a concept and a half. Will get my thinking cap on...

Hoagy

Are you talking along the lines of the Krill tro Thargo and lesser, awards? Maybe not, but on the slant of what you're saying, it'd be nice for those above to get one of the awards for outstanding service to the circular.

I don't know exactly which award it would be, I just remember there are a few categories.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

W. R. Logan

I did with Class Of '79 at a time when I was spending more on promoting 2000 than Tharg was, must admit it was pre Rebellion days, comics '99 being the prime example.

John Caliber

Can't do any more than I have over the past nine years. I've nearly died taking stimulant overdoses to overcome terrible fatigue so I could finish my Dredd reference books. I've run Judge Dredd RPG games online while puking my brains out in a bowl beside the monitor. I singlehandedly struggled to keep the JDRPG online community from dying on its ass.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Richmond Clements

QuoteI've nearly died taking stimulant overdoses to overcome terrible fatigue so I could finish my Dredd reference books.

That's be a Thrill Power Overload, then?

I think it's a great idea! I mean, we all must frequent other boards, right- it'd be easy to drop in a mention of the Galaxy's Greatest every now and then..?

John Caliber

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 08 October, 2010, 11:31:54 AM
QuoteI've nearly died taking stimulant overdoses to overcome terrible fatigue so I could finish my Dredd reference books.

That's a Thrill Power Overload, then?

You might be right, there. The packet of pharmaceutical grade caffiene (of which just one spoonful had me vomiting and retching on the floor of my living room for 12 hours before sending me into A&E) was given to me by a flying green man in a jumpsuit. He told me: "DREDD OR DIE!" I nearly did both. It's a unique experience to promote 2000AD FROM Hell. Have to compare notes with Johnny Alpha someday.
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Kev Levell

Krom, not really proposing an award ceremony for the great and good...

Stewart, John, sorry I forgot your efforts, you've certainly earned your stripes ;) and if I could edit the above to include you, I would.

2000ad used to be the future and although it might not be so anymore, let's not let that stop us looking forward to it.

BPP

Whenever i see GN's going cheap (often on here - again today) I try and buy 2 for me and 1 for someone 'new' to try and get them into it... and so far it has worked a few times.

The Mongoose offer was incredible and I was able to give 3 books away, one of whom has now added 2000AD to his comic pile and another will be buying more GN. The third.... well can't win em all.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

Can my wife qualify? She'll be delivering 2000ADs in Afghanistan (Kerrin also has a hand in this - he's donating the progs) in the next few weeks.

Emperor

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 08 October, 2010, 03:09:22 PM
Can my wife qualify? She'll be delivering 2000ADs in Afghanistan (Kerrin also has a hand in this - he's donating the progs) in the next few weeks.

Get photos!! Thrills for the Troops.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

locustsofdeath!

Oh yeah, I told her she has to have her picture taken while handing them out. She's not happy about that (having her picture taken, not giving out the progs) but I told her she has to do it!

Kev Levell

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 08 October, 2010, 03:09:22 PM
That's the stuff. Perfect!

Dandontdare

Don't forget Gavin Leahy's anonymous prog-drop last Christmas (see the advent calendar thread). I thought that was pretty inventive (and generous!)