Main Menu

Mechanismo

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 30 June, 2019, 01:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

I'm a little bit confused about it.  I really loved the Harvey storyline and I'm enjoying the new robots on the beat but I don't really know what their status is. Are they judges proper or just auxiliaries?  Has Dredd changed his mind about them completely?  Can they still outrank human judges?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

I think they are proper Judges but only limited to certain areas. I do not believe that Dredd is fully behind the idea of them being on the street.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Mardroid

Yes. Hemade a comment a couple of weeks back that made it seem like he supported them, and hence changed his mind. Taken in context though, his comment was made to a perp, and I believe maintaining the appearance of a united Justice system is more important to him. And he wasn't going to let a criminal know that he agrees.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mardroid on 30 June, 2019, 03:20:09 PM
Yes. Hemade a comment a couple of weeks back that made it seem like he supported them, and hence changed his mind. Taken in context though, his comment was made to a perp, and I believe maintaining the appearance of a united Justice system is more important to him. And he wasn't going to let a criminal know that he agrees.

Wouldn't be entirely out of character if he did - his final words in Full Mental Jacket are probably my favourite Dredd quote ever - but it makes sense all the same.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"