Main Menu

Halo 2 vids

Started by Pyroxian, 12 May, 2004, 07:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr D

Halo was so frickin overrated. The single player game was nothing special AT ALL. The only reason I seriously loved it was the genius co-op game on the X-Box. One of the most satisfying co-op games EVER...

Pyroxian

Yeah, the single-player was fairly bog-standard, and didn't compare to Half-Life or Goldeneye.

BUT

It created a _very_ cohesive gameworld that made it feel that you were an actual part of the world, and not just going through the levels. I didn't feel like I was just trying to reach the exit - Halo made me feel I was a part of the human faction trying to survive on this alien world - and yes, I cared about my li'l marine buddies.

And Halo 2 looks like it's going to improve on all of that... :)

Steve

Steamboy

Test4echo-if your after a new FPS for the PC I dont think you can go past Farcry, not only has it got some of the best Graphics I've ever seen(draw distance of over 1.5kms, providing your PC's up to it) its got cool level design(a whole bunch of Islands that you can see between) and absolutly top AI on the Bad guys, if you kill one with your sniper Rifle from a distance his buddies will tringulate where the shot came from and try to hunt you down even to the point of swimming, using rubber dinghies and choppers to get between islands. It does need some seriouse grunt to run though ignore its minimum specs listed, need at least a 2ghz proccesor, 128MB radion9600 atleast and lots of memory to run it properly.
The original Halo is awsome on the legendary difficulty level when fighting Covenent they pyut up such a fight, Flood suck though as do most of the indoor bits, lets hope Halo 2's a bit more refined when it goes inside(please no more repeating rooms).

CU Krestel