Main Menu

Tharg the Mighty brings Thrill Power to the Christmas masses

Started by 2000AD Online, 07 January, 2005, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

I can see the Daily Mail headlines now:

CURIOUSLY UGLY TRANSVESTITE ARRESTED IN STATION AFTER ATTEMPTING TO LURE COMMUTERS INTO HIS 'NERVE CENTRE'.

"But I only wished to bring them Thrill Power" exclaimed the wizened green creature as he was lead away by police. He later allegedly claimed that he was attempting to portray the role of 'Santa Claus', some kind of mystical goblin who creeps into Children's bedrooms during the nights of Christmas to give them 'special gifts'.

Inspector Plod of New Scotland yard commented: "Although Mr Kringle's actions may seem, on the face of it, to be somewhat bizarre, we suspect that he may be part of an organised Al-Qaeda cell that was scouting locations for a terrorist attrocity in London. However, we still have no idea why he was wearing his granny's broach on his forehead. Possibly it formed part of some warning to his fellow cell members, right now we just don't know".

McNulty

The years have not been kind to Thatg have they? He looks like Richard Kiel (Jaws) in that pic.

That's exactly what I thought when I first saw that!

Grant Goggans

It's certainly true that Tharg looks somewhat less... simian these days...

--Grant

Devons Daddy

DD engages full sad comic fan boy mode who subs,

WHY DO THEY GET THE EARLY PROG 2005 then? EH EH EH. :~)

fan boy mode off
hope they got some decent marketing mileage out that. decent enough idea, maybe bring a few lapsed squaxx back to the fold. well done team.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Carlsborg Expert.

Can't they just get the guy with large temples and a mohi,splash a bit af green on him,stick a forehead plug, cut from a certain rubber mask instead of tearin the mighty one away from what is obviously a raucous party on christmas!

Keef Monkey

Thank God for this pictorial evidence, as miss monkey doesn't quite believe me that Tharg The Mighty is actually real. She says she believes me, but I know she doesn't, I can see it in her eyes.

House of Usher

"Who ate all the plastic cups?" indeed. He's modelled his new look after stage hypnotist Kenny Craig, innit?
STRIKE !!!