Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: New 2000AD Audios
« Last post by rogue69 on Today at 10:23:47 PM »
KEITH ALLEN is Torquemada but very badly IMO

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=431025445756009
General / Re: FFT - ROUND of 16 - The Out vs Brink - Heat 02
« Last post by Blue Cactus on Today at 09:11:46 PM »
Such a tough call. After two series of each strip, they’d both become absolute favourites. But Brink has had three more series so I’m voting for it by default.

Brink
General / Re: FFT - ROUND of 16 - Lawless vs Firekind - Heat 01
« Last post by Blue Cactus on Today at 09:08:17 PM »
Happy for either of these to go through. Lawless.
Megazine / Re: Meg 447 - Monster Smash!
« Last post by Colin YNWA on Today at 09:01:35 PM »
I mean this issue has triple Lawless so there's not much more to say is there. Its an absolute winner. But let's delve deeper.

Dredd I misfire by Niemand's terms but still a fun Dredd, its just not an excellent Dredd which he's pretty much always done before. Lovely and utter perfect choice of art from Neil Googe (with Gary Caldwell on colours) does elevate the whole think. Kenneth does another citizen focused story and here introduces Callum a crafty seller of Justice related merchandise. Its a humour driven strip and its good for giggles but that robs it of the emotional resenance of Niemand at his finest. Still heartly one off with a telegraphed ending and a sure return I'll happily read.

Anderson... err this happens and then that and... some stuff and Green Judge and then.... well its over...

Lawless high octane, breathless ending to the current series than backs and beats Metta even further into a corner and trouble. The extended fight sequences mean we are robbed a little of what makes Lawless the truely wonderful thrill it is, its character driven moments but damn if its not impossible not to be blown away by it all. The tension is high, I worry for characters at every turn and Dabnett and Winslade play me like a fiddle.

There's a reason I think Lawless could win (won't by maybe should) FFT Tourney and its this. It can spend weeks building story and character and then bang smacks you in the guts and takes your breathe away with a glorious body blow like this. Its just brilliant and read back i think this will be even better. I love this thrill and its probably my favourite thing in Tharg's entire thrillorchard at the moment and that means I think its better than The Out and Brink... so fuck me that means its good.

Floppie is ... Feral and 20 mintues ago or whatever, very disappointing BUT made up for by a very moving tribute to Alan Grant from his peers and prodigies. Its fittingly wonderful.

Overall its 3* Lawless good so its an absolute winner of a Meg and next issue has quite the uphill struggle to not feel like a massive come down!
Prog / Re: Prog 2295 - Burns Black
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on Today at 08:24:34 PM »
« Last post by Dark Jimbo on Today at 08:18:07 PM »
Next you'll be asking why Dredd never takes his helmet off...
« Last post by Jim_Campbell on Today at 06:34:34 PM »
Other than "because it's funnier that way"?

How is that not a valid answer…?
« Last post by The Corinthian on Today at 06:09:01 PM »
Have we ever been told why Moe can see Dredd's helmet, belt, gloves and other accoutrements that might properly be considered clothes? Other than "because it's funnier that way"?
Games / Re: Gamebooks
« Last post by Richard on Today at 05:56:24 PM »
Those two books, Creature and Night, are both much better than the average FF book.

BB's review makes me want to look at Seas of Blood again. I can't remember anything about it except the endings. But I like the idea of playing as an evil character for a change!
Film & TV / Re: Current TV Boxset Addiction
« Last post by Hawkmumbler on Today at 05:53:57 PM »
Middle aged dads watching Haikyuu!, we truly are in the dark timeline.

(I actually really like Haikyuu! so this is a plus.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10