Main Menu

Rogue Trooper News…!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 29 January, 2024, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 January, 2024, 01:19:45 PMThe idea of rigging the animation in a gamming engine is either going to be a spectacular feat of directorial risk taking or it'll fall painfully on its face.

I've managed to hack Duncan Jones' phone and get hold of an early screenshot. Things are looking good.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Ha! To be fair, the one objectively quite good and reasonably authentic 2000 AD game from the 8-bit era. Almost everything else was awful, and the one game I remember that wasn't – Nemesis – had almost nothing to do with the source material.

I recall Sláine being particularly baffling. How someone took something that should probably have ended up like Barbarian II or Fighting Warrior and turned it into a game where you had to catch Sláine's thoughts is beyond me.

JayzusB.Christ

Aye, that Sláine game was very silly. It could even have worked as a type-in adventure game with lots of digitised graphics - Diceman proved that possible - but this was just daft.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Considering 16-bit throwbacks are still rather in vogue, if Rebellion where do effectively remake Golden Axe II with Slaine I think it could turn out rather neat.

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2024, 07:05:03 AM...I thought it might be mildly amusing to imagine Matt Berry delivering one of the roles in full Lazlo-from-What-We-Do-In-The-Shadows mode*.

For the love of Toast...

Fire the nuculear weapons!!
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 January, 2024, 04:14:11 PMConsidering 16-bit throwbacks are still rather in vogue, if Rebellion where do effectively remake Golden Axe II with Slaine I think it could turn out rather neat.

Just in case anyone is unaware - Golden Axe is perhaps the only game where you get to be a dwarf riding a ... well, whatever that thing is:

Rogue Trooper won't be as cool as that, fer sure.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

judgeurko

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 30 January, 2024, 07:05:03 AM
Quote from: judgeurko on 29 January, 2024, 09:37:00 PMHe's not a biochip, well not one of the main ones. Jack Lowden is GUNNAR. Daryl McCormack is HELM. Reece Shearsmith is Bagman.

Yes, I know that. In much the same way that I'm fairly certain that Colin doesn't think that Diane Morgan will be reprising her role as Philomena Cunk in this movie, I thought it might be mildly amusing to imagine Matt Berry delivering one of the roles in full Lazlo-from-What-We-Do-In-The-Shadows mode*.

Maybe he could be the Traitor General: "The most devious bastard on Nuuuuuuuuuuuu-Earth..."

*AKA: just Matt Berry, basically.
OK

judgeurko

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 January, 2024, 02:47:53 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 January, 2024, 01:19:45 PMThe idea of rigging the animation in a gamming engine is either going to be a spectacular feat of directorial risk taking or it'll fall painfully on its face.

I've managed to hack Duncan Jones' phone and get hold of an early screenshot. Things are looking good.

lincnash

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 30 January, 2024, 07:15:47 PMGolden Axe is perhaps the only game where you get to be a dwarf riding a ... well, whatever that thing is:

haha  :lol:  That's Chicken Leg!!!

https://goldenaxe.fandom.com/wiki/Chicken_Leg

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 30 January, 2024, 02:47:53 PMhack Duncan Jones' phone

Been spamming his business email for months with my storyboards, fan-fiction and scene ideas.
Yet to get a reply but I'm still confident  :-[

STAK! Naughty Norty genetik engineers have come up with bio-wire 2.0, watch where you step.

::)

Silliness aside.
Really is quite good news and very unexpected for the announcement to be so far along the production schedule.
Not sure how I feel about the CGI cartoon route, but I guess that means bringing all of Rogue's World to a movie screen should be doable.
Couldn't imagine the budget if it was all real actors and practical effects, even if mostly in front of green screen.
ZARJAZ!

Funt Solo

Quote from: lincnash on 30 January, 2024, 08:59:02 PMBeen spamming his business email for months with my storyboards, fan-fiction and scene ideas.
Yet to get a reply but I'm still confident  :-[

I'm under the impression that unsolicited work sent to creative businesses (e.g. game ideas to a game development company) are not accepted, for legal reasons. Unless you are going through an agent (or equivalent business entity).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 30 January, 2024, 07:15:47 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 January, 2024, 04:14:11 PMConsidering 16-bit throwbacks are still rather in vogue, if Rebellion where do effectively remake Golden Axe II with Slaine I think it could turn out rather neat.

Just in case anyone is unaware - Golden Axe is perhaps the only game where you get to be a dwarf riding a ... well, whatever that thing is:

That was a freaking brilliant game, which ate a lot of my ten pees.  Giant Karnovs in chainmail knickers are always cool.

sixmo

Does anyone remember the Kurt Russell movie "Soldier"? My sketchy memory of it was that it had a very Rogue flavour to it with some clone lad bred for war ends up dumped by his army, is slightly becalmed with some kind of peaceful settlement, but ultimately has to get his fighting mojo back Cinnabar style for some crazy shoot-out by the end. The chunks of it I saw certainly felt Roguey to my mind. Maybe I'm mis-remembering?

I'm curious about the format of this new Rogue film. They say that principal photography is complete, but also that  they are starting the Unreal Engine process now. Does the principal photography refer to motion capture, or green screen work? Some of the fan created work through Unreal Engine that you can find on youtube are hugely impressive, so I'm thinking that the professionals are going to make it look pretty amazing either way.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sixmo on 30 January, 2024, 11:08:02 PMDoes the principal photography refer to motion capture, or green screen work?

I think it's all the mo-cap (and possibly some scanning of the actors, if my very limited grasp of the MetaHuman character animation is correct).
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 30 January, 2024, 07:15:47 PMJust in case anyone is unaware - Golden Axe is perhaps the only game where you get to be a dwarf riding a ... well, whatever that thing is:

< snip >

Come on, Funt.  That's just Wulf riding a mork.  Or one of those dervish hellhound creatures that was after them in the Stickelgruber Grab.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.