Main Menu

Fallout 76

Started by Link Prime, 30 May, 2018, 03:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

I've dipped into it for a bit here and there, probably played about 4hrs total. Still a bit undecided about how much it's going to hook me in long term, but I do love the feeling of stepping out into a new Fallout map and getting to grips with it. That's carrying me just now, just a bit worried that the main quest-line won't be fleshed out enough to keep me going, and I keep stumbling into timed events which haven't been very inspiring so far.

Not seeing a lot of people in my wasteland either! Probably passed half a dozen people on my travels and we didn't interact. I hope it gets its hooks in, I'd love it to be a game that I keep coming back to for a long time.

Greg M.

Haven't done too much of the main quest line yet, mostly just exploring, building and enjoying getting dragged off on side-quests. I like how desolate it all feels, and I love encountering all the weird little vignettes – it's far closer in atmosphere to Fallout 3 than it is New Vegas or 4. It's getting some stinking reviews, but I'm finding it enormous fun, so I must be doing something wrong.

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 19 November, 2018, 06:29:55 PM
Haven't done too much of the main quest line yet, mostly just exploring, building and enjoying getting dragged off on side-quests. I like how desolate it all feels, and I love encountering all the weird little vignettes – it's far closer in atmosphere to Fallout 3 than it is New Vegas or 4. It's getting some stinking reviews, but I'm finding it enormous fun, so I must be doing something wrong.

Sounds pretty good to be honest Greg.
You taking a 'single player' approach?
Interested to hear if the game can be fully played with limited interaction.
Or even better, none. Is that an option?

Greg M.

I don't know if there'll come a point when it gets increasingly difficult to play it 'solo', but so far that's been my approach. If I've been passing through an area where people are fighting against computer-controlled foes in an 'event', I've lent a hand, but apart from that, just been going about doing my own thing.

Keef Monkey

Yeah the player count and the size of the map means you'll pass through areas occasionally where a handful of people are in a fight but I've generally kept moving and doing my own thing. I bumped into a friend in my session last night while wandering, neither of us were playing with headsets but we fired off a couple of emotes and then parted ways again. Just crossing paths with him and saying hello was nice though!