Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mabs

Quote from: Buttonman on 17 February, 2013, 10:21:57 PM
Yeah I like 'Big Fish' too - always get a lump in the throat when t[spoiler]he son takes over the tall tale as the old man conks out. Also the funeral is great where all the characters turn up just a bit less colourful than described.[/spoiler]

Finally got around to 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' last night. Secret Santa gave me the Blu-ray for Christmas and I didn't really fancy 3 hours of cold detective work. Turned out to be really good. Cast of familiar faces and some cracking scenes - not for the squeamish!

Yeah i love Big Fish; its a really touching tale about father and son relationship. I remember watching it with a group of friends, one of them especially was in tears by the end because he too lost his parent. I haven't watched it in years, it might be a good time for a rewatch.
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: radiator on 16 February, 2013, 11:45:44 PM
The Guard.

Fucking amazing, an instant classic.

Brendan Gleeson is a legend.

great film

Professor Bear

Quote from: El Pops on 17 February, 2013, 04:55:49 PM
A Good Day to Die Hard.

Tips style review: A Shit Day to Shite Hard

Homer Simpson Style review: It was just a bunch of stuff that happened

Mr Plinkett style review: NONE OF THIS MAKES ANY SENSE AND EVERYBODY IN THIS MOVIE IS A FUCKING IDIOT

I skipped out on watching this to go to the pub and drink beer all day, but when my mate (who did go) showed up at the bar later he said he'd never seen a film in his life that hated even the concept of plot as much as AGDTDH does - and considering the shit I've made him watch, that's really saying something.

Mabs

Quote from: Mabs on 18 February, 2013, 12:12:04 AM
Quote from: Buttonman on 17 February, 2013, 10:21:57 PM
Yeah I like 'Big Fish' too - always get a lump in the throat when t[spoiler]he son takes over the tall tale as the old man conks out. Also the funeral is great where all the characters turn up just a bit less colourful than described.[/spoiler]

Finally got around to 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' last night. Secret Santa gave me the Blu-ray for Christmas and I didn't really fancy 3 hours of cold detective work. Turned out to be really good. Cast of familiar faces and some cracking scenes - not for the squeamish!

Yeah i love Big Fish; its a really touching tale about father and son relationship. I remember watching it with a group of friends, one of them especially was in tears by the end because he too lost his parent. I haven't watched it in years, it might be a good time for a rewatch.

Sorry, just forgot to add something; was it the David Fincher/ Daniel Craig remake of Dragon Tattoo you watched, Buttonman? If so i need to add it on my must watch  list. I have the original versions sitting somewhere at home, still haven't watched them. :-\
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

ThryllSeekyr

Tjis weekend I watched Looper, it was a tad bit confusing but had good if sad ending.

qtwerk

I watched the very grim and bloody "Inside" starring Beatrice Dalle as an unwanted houseguest who gets very stabby.

Very stabby indeed.

Spikes

Hitchcock, not a bad little film at all. Well worth catching.
Mr Hopkins plays Hitch pretty well - its hard not to smile at his performance.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 February, 2013, 05:10:42 PM
Hitchcock, not a bad little film at all. Well worth catching.
Mr Hopkins plays Hitch pretty well - its hard not to smile at his performance.
"She won't be naked. She'll be wearing a shower cap"
:lol:

Tiplodocus

A double bill of PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2.

Predator still stands up pretty well, remains endlessly quotable and had some interesting extras. I didn't know they changed monster design quite late on or that they had a break to try rustle up the money to finish it.

I cant recall thinking P2 was that good even twenty years sgo. Danny Glover is interesting casting but doesn't cut the mustard. And they fail to inject any life into the rest of the ensemble.

Or rather:

PREDATOR 2? More like Predator Poo!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Frank

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 18 February, 2013, 01:43:30 PM
Tjis weekend I watched Looper, it was a tad bit confusing but had good if sad ending.

Watching the flying bikes in Looper, I was glad Alex Garland didn't have the cash to make the vehicles in Dredd "more futuristic". I enjoyed the film.

Lenny_Zero

Watched ZERO DARK THIRTY last night.  It didn't tell me anything I didn't know.  Gone is the nuance of THE HURT LOCKER.  This could have been a tv movie.  It was rote, rote, rote.  I don't know what the big deal is...besides the fact that Tony Soprano is now pushing maximum density.
America is an irradiated wasteland.

Lenny_Zero

Also managed to check ARGO this weekend.  Again, it was kinda rote.  If you know the actual Iran hostage crisis story, then you know that no one got smoked.  This only allows for tension in the film.  Anytime a gun is waved around, you know that hostages are safe.  This was my problem.  Well, that and the fact that Ben Affliction is just about the most soulless, dead-eyed actor out there these days.  He's lost something of his emoting skills.  I think I should have seen that zombie love movie instead.  ARGO could have been a tv movie primer to that other tv movie, ZERO DARK THIRTY.
America is an irradiated wasteland.

Buttonman

Quote from: Mabs on 18 February, 2013, 10:39:03 AM

Sorry, just forgot to add something; was it the David Fincher/ Daniel Craig remake of Dragon Tattoo you watched, Buttonman? If so i need to add it on my must watch  list. I have the original versions sitting somewhere at home, still haven't watched them. :-\

It was indeed the Fincher/Craig version and although disturbing it was excellent and a fast near 3 hours. I have the 3 Swedish ones but have yet to take the plunge.

Tonight I watched Wichita (1955) and although not entirely charmeless it was pretty crappy.

I, Cosh

Where the fuck are these monster movies Man of Buttons? Or was Dragon Tattoo one?
We never really die.

Hawkmumbler

The Howling 2: Stirba Werwolf Bitch - The darndest thing...Christopher Lee and reb Brown team up to fight Werewolf-Vampire crossbreeds in transylvania and Sybil Danning rip's off her shirt 7 time's in the closing sequence alone. Also, HOLY HAND GRENADE!