Main Menu

Nathan Barley

Started by Quirkafleeg, 12 February, 2005, 05:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Well considering it's pedigree it was pretty poor... I did laugh a couple of times but it's no Brass Eye, Day Today or even Screen Burn (and not even close to it's original source)

And it seems very much behind the times. Surely this all went on years ago.

Trout

Heh. I was wondering if you'd post this, Gary.

I watched it, too, and found it fascinating - like a bad car crash.

I didn't laugh but I think I enjoyed it, although I hope I never say "cool" again.

Also, it reminded me of someone, but I'm unsure who...
Hmmm. Blond hair. Media type. Buzzwords.

Hmmm. ;-D

- Trout

Adrian Bamforth

Thought it was a great satire myself, reckon it'll get better as it focuses more on the characters. I was relieved that the main character was one of us and not Nathan Barley himself.

ADER

Byron Virgo

I thought it was great - they had a man with a tiny hat, for god's sake!

Pity they couldn't use the original title...

WoD

Me and Mrs WoD turned to each other and both said we must be getting old or something as neither of us cracked much of a smile when we watched this.

Conexus

I gave up watching it about half way through when i just wasn't laughing. (lasted longer than when i watched friday night project, but that isn't saying much) If it wasn't for the simpsons there'd be nothing to watch friday evenings

thrillpowerseeker

I thought it was a great pisstake out of trendy London media types..if you didnt find it funny I'd be worried...it means your probably ONE OF THEM

DavidXBrunt

And besides which it was totally on-topic. Isn't it always nice to see Toby 'Judge Dredd/Wulf Sternhammer/Walter the Wobot/Max Normal' Longworth amongst the cast of a programme?

The Amstor Computer

Which character was he? Had a quick scan through the main character cast & didn't see his name anywhere...

Mr D

No, he doesn't seem to be anywhere among the cast....

Quirkafleeg

You've not looked hard enough... he's there...

The Amstor Computer

Having just Googled his picture, was he the bloke who interviewed Dan Ashcroft for the new job?

Tiplodocus

I quite enjoyed it but it did seem rather stretched.  Ten minutes made the point for me.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IndigoPrime

The problem is, these trendy Hoxton types largely vanished three years ago. According to an ex-publisher mate of mine, this would have hit the mark in 2002, but is hopelessly dated now.

MUD

I don't know if they have died out altogether obviously not as caricature as 'Nathan Barley' but I know of a couple of people who have alot in common with him.