Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

that is terrible news about si spencer

I recently reread creep and I enjoyed it a lot more as an older man than i did as a teen sucks that the entire creative team of that strip are gone now

Barrington Boots

Quote from: rogue69 on 17 February, 2021, 10:50:20 PM
Rush Limbaugh, the controversial US radio personality and political commentator, has died aged 70 after suffering from lung cancer.

Good.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Barrington Boots

Awful news about Si Spencer. RIP and thank you.

Dark Jimbo

Victor Ambrus, illustrator, at 85. You might not know the name but you'll recognise his work.
@jamesfeistdraws

McGurk76

Victor Ambrus. I do remember. Dracula and Blackbeard.
RIP him and Si Spencer too.

paddykafka

Saddened to hear of Si Spencer's passing. My condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 February, 2021, 01:59:22 PM
Victor Ambrus, illustrator, at 85. You might not know the name but you'll recognise his work.

The best in his field for so long, a master of letting the viewer's imagination fill in the gaps so that what you looked at appeared whole and convincing.  (Briefly taught my missus in a past century, although it didn't take). RIP.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Sad news about Si Spencer. I had no idea he was a scriptwriter for TV, but you forget script bots have another life outside 2000AD and The Megezine.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

I, Cosh

Very sad news about Si Spencer. I don't know anything of his work beyond Tharg's boundaries but that piece on Down the Tubes painted a vivid picture.

Not as unexpected, perhaps, but Lawrence Ferlinghetti - poet, publisher and enthusiastic promoter of the Beat poets - has died at the ripe old age of 101.

I don't see it mentioned earlier, but the electronic musician/producer/etc SOPHIE died a few weeks ago in an accident. Shockingly young.
We never really die.

Daveycandlish

One that sneaked past me last month was the death of Remy Julienne, stunt driver and co-ordinator on the Italian Job and various Bond movies, aged 90 from Covid.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

rogue69

Johnny Briggs, Coronation Street legend who played Mike Baldwin aged 85

IAMTHESYSTEM

Footballer and Commentator Iain St John has left the field for the final dressing room.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56250355
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Dandontdare

The great Bunny Wailer has gone to Jah

Barrington Boots

LG Petrov, frontman of Entombed.
Knew this was likely after his cancer diagnosis, but still horrible news.