Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunk!

Best tribute from ThinkGeek: "Always a shame when there's a little less awesome walking around."
"Trust we"

johnnystress

Quote from: Zarjazzer on 10 May, 2010, 07:37:32 PM

Beautiful tribute there johnnystress.

One of Frazettas own  drawings, strangely enough

from http://dj-spyder.blogspot.com/2008/11/frank-frazetta-album-art.html

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 10 May, 2010, 06:36:13 PM
I used to stand looking at the Frank Frazetta covers to Conan books for ages in WHSmith as a kid, to the point that staff would have to ask me to leave. 

I feel like I've lost a friend...ages ago, I picked a book called "Conan the Usurper" off the library shelf and was awestruck by the cover. That started my lifelong fascination with Conan, REH and Frazetta. What sad news to end the day... :'(.

vzzbux

Wow that's a shame, such a talented artist.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jim_Campbell

--Deleted--

I'm an idiot. Take no notice.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

CrazyFoxMachine

Eighty two - but yes, good innings indeed. He was lucky to live to see his influence. Brilliant brilliant AMAZING Frazetta.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: johnnystress on 10 May, 2010, 10:14:15 PM
Quote from: Zarjazzer on 10 May, 2010, 07:37:32 PM

Beautiful tribute there johnnystress.

One of Frazettas own  drawings, strangely enough

from http://dj-spyder.blogspot.com/2008/11/frank-frazetta-album-art.html

Thanks for posting that link.

I didnt have a clue who Frank Frazetta was which is obviously ignorance on my part but as with all very famous and influential artists you immediately recognise their work the second you see it.I recall stopping in a music shop and looking at the Wolfmother sleeve art and liking it without checking the credits to see who the artist was.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Richmond Clements

Quoteages ago, I picked a book called "Conan the Usurper" off the library shelf and was awestruck by the cover. That started my lifelong fascination with Conan, REH and Frazetta. What sad news to end the day... .

Spookily, that was the same one I started on too!

locustsofdeath!

Ooh weird! It's been so long since I've read a Conan pastiche, I wonder if that one would have the same effect on me now. The cover did its job at the time, though!

Buttonman

Gordon Brown's Prime Ministership (unelected)

Heath C Ackley

Sad to hear the news about Mr Franzetta.
I remember having 'The Bounty Hunter' as a poster on my bedroom wall and revelling in the Conan paperback covers.
A true legend.
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Something Fishy

Our Cat Titchy.

We got her from a rescue centre 14 years ago and she has been the sweetest loveliest cat I have ever known.

Sadly she had become too ill and was suffering, blind and miserable. 

We had to do the right thing for her :-(

Colin YNWA

I'm sorry your cat has died.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Something Fishy on 12 May, 2010, 07:34:30 PM
We had to do the right thing for her :-(

Bawled like a small child when we lost one of ours ... it's horrible, and the worse, I think, for being unexpected and because you feel, well, kind of silly because it's "only" an animal. It's quite horrible.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Something Fishy

Thanks guys.

It's tough as you say.  You know it's not a person (and it's certainly not comparable to losing Dad last year) but it's still upsetting and feels like a part ofour  family has left us today.

The little dear has come in to lie between us and cudde up on a Saturday and Sunfay morning for three years longer than our Son has been alive.  It'll be strange without her.